Norway skervoy .

Post reports and questions about fishing abroad here...

Moderators: Tanglerat, MAC, pete

Norway skervoy .

Postby Ronald » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:55 pm

What can i say ! we got totally spoilt this year with cod to 37lbish ,halibut to 27lb (one followed fish to the surface was about 13 feet long :shock: ) ,haddock to 8lb ,coalies to 19lb (the big ones aren't in yet :lol: ) torsk 9lb ,red fish 3lb ,lesser red fish 1lb ,wolf fish 7lb .
We had roughly 250 fish over 10lb about 20 over 20lb and 10 over 30lb ,the place was amazing and most of the fishing was done in the wee hours of the morning .
I'll not go into to much detail as darryl doing an article about it so this will just wet your appetites a bit :wink:
If someone shows you a mark to fish, respect it and dont pass it of as one of your own, dont tell every man and his dog about it.
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby pete » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:13 pm

Eeee! Sounds like you had a super trip. Hoping to make it their for first time next year. Is it as expensive as people say?
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby Ronald » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:53 pm

Expensive enough if you want to eat out or go drinking(£7-8 for a bottle of korona) but if your staying in the fish camp were we were you can go to the super market by boat handy enough ,theres a pontoon beside it ,buy your food and drink there and cook back in the chalet ,as for drinking unless your really desperate you'll be fishing and sleeping all the time ,we fished most nights from 21.00hrs until about 08.00hrs slept the rest of the day woke up got some food sorted gear and headed out again ,depnds what time of year your going ,we've been in may last year and got plenty of cod to 22lb and wolf fish to 12lb ,torsk are just a nuciance . july sees more coalies moving in with big cod feeding below the shoals and the big coalie ,loads of good haddock and red fish high up in the water ,and halibut appearing anywhere theres shoals of fish .
If someone shows you a mark to fish, respect it and dont pass it of as one of your own, dont tell every man and his dog about it.
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Tanglerat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:22 am

Torsk? Artic Slugs we called them! :D
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby BigPhil » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:04 am

excellent rip ronald!
i hear that it only took a wee while for wee davy to get the cod in on the light rod...!!! would have been great!
Not the BigPhil from Irish Angler mag, I'm the original, i swear!!!!
BigPhil
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby Ronald » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Yeah it took him the guts of an hour to land ,i had to start the boat twice to follow it .
32lb cod on a 4 foot baitcaster is some feat ,big steven had one of 17lb at the same time on the same type of rod ,got some good photo's ,though they dont do stevens fish justice as his fish looks small besides davys :lol: :lol:
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Davy Murdoch » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:49 pm

it was quite a shock to see stevens cod come in on mini rod and made me wonder what i had hooked.excellent fun but very sore on the wrist :lol:
cant wait to go again
Davy Murdoch
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby Davy Murdoch » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:08 pm

i just posted some of my best photos from the holiday,fantastic place! i still dream of that big cod on the mini rod,but fortunately i dont wake up with a sore arm like the day after i caught it :lol:
Davy Murdoch
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Drew » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:24 pm

Gimme something incriminating on Davy Mac.... Go on Lads... :lol:
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby Davy Murdoch » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:41 pm

there`s nothing to tell about big davy,the only thing happened to him during the holiday was when he fell over on the boat due to someones driving :lol: there might be a photo of him with his feet in the air,ask ronald if he`s got one.my pc`s bust so i cant look through the holiday photos :)
Davy Murdoch
SAI Megalodon!

Return to Postcards from Afar and Holiday Snappers