Albufiera Algarve Portugal - Info??

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 pm

hi guys, heading here in late july, just wondering what the shore fishing is like, what tackle, baits, permits if required etc is like.
also if any decent boat fishing to be had as well.
all info appreciatted

Re: Albufiera Algarve Portugal - Info??

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi phil

I have been over there alot and went fishing from portimao a couple of times it wasn't great.
Got a few small bllue sharks but had to wait an eternity for run. It's better to go bait fishing rather
than shark fishing I think much more action. I would say go for a good charter the ones I wnet on where about
90 euro for the day. Higher price might be a better option or maybe night fishing.
If your fishing from the shore be very careful here as you need a licence and I believe the fines are heavy
so make sure you have one. Plenty of rock marks obviously and i think I heard there was bass there. I seen lots fishing
from the shore but never seen a fish caught.
Thats all I really know hope it helps a bit.

Tommy

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am

A friend of mine saw some nice bass being landed on local beaches there last year in March. The bait used was cockles.
There are charter boats in Villamoura but I have been told that the fishing is not great.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:02 am

loads of mullet in the harbour,been on shark charters 6 times ,or should i say mackeral charters,bass are there from december till april,some years fishing for albies can be good

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 am

hi Phil, Was there last year and had a great time , we were fishing out of Alvor
Phone Roisin or Luis on 00351 962091551 or 00351 966807621
to book i think we paid about 50euros each
Good days fishing and all you can drink and eat aswell