mauritius report

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 pm

finally have the time to make a report, not by choice but the wheels are off the road as one of the suspension plates snaped on the way home from a session friday night so now im house bound. :twisted:
anyway managed two trips overthere,one big game and one fishing the massive waves on the reef for GTs.
first trip was'nt great as the sea outside the reef was all over the place due to strong winds from the previous evening .fishing started as soon as we hit the deep blue waters on a course to plate island [i think] up north.
first time big game fishing and it was'nt really my cup of tea. michelle [the wife] was starting to go green and wanted off so as soon as we got to the island so we both got off leaving my son [clyde] and brother [nick] on board to try for the bigger fish while i took my spinning rod and snorklers with us ,was glad to be off myself to be honest.
caught a few small fish from the shore which was good craic and the snorkling was amazing, clearest water ive ever seen full of corals and fish ive never even seen before. anyway when the boat came back at lunch time i went over to see the catch.
5 bonito,1 dorado and 1 lost marlin and i hav,nt a clue what the fish i caught were.
next trip was for the GTs, were only us 3 lads went. this we booked with dominic the mad french man down the se of the island and this i was looking forward too. this was fished right up to the reef ,casting big plugs behind each breaking wave and it was'nt long before clyde was in to a fish,not a big one but still gave a great fight and what a super looking fish at that. before long we all had fish clyde having the biggest of about 6 pound. still very small for a GT but we were happy enough , but before the end of the day a big one grabbed clyde's plug. all he could was hold on as the fish tore line from the reel and in the excitment the boat had gone too close to the massive waves ,so with that the mad french man started yelling at the driver to pull back but then with all the madness the fish straighend the hook and was gone. gave us an extra hours fishing after that feeling guilty of the one that got away but no more fish were caught. hell of a nice guy but crazy as hell.good craic. 2 days later he showed up at the hotel and gave us some blown pics of the fish. dead sound guy.
caught a few more small fish at the hotel complex which was great .recommend it to anyone and the people have to be the friendliest in the world
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: mauritius report

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 pm

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:29 pm

weldone haha mad lookin yokes :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

welldone darren.great report :D

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

welldone darren.great report :D

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:08 am

Great report and pics Plumster. Nice not having to wear 4 or 5 layers and waders :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:34 pm

great looking fish there darren, think i used them gts from the shore when i lived in oz, not as big tho.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 pm

cheers lads ,as it happens ruairi they are in places around ozzy land. missed out on some good sport by not going after them when there had you have known.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 pm

How did I miss this?! So that's why you got married? To love and to hold......Yeah right a couple of weeks fishing for GT's you git :lol:

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 pm

careful what you type conor ,if she sees this she'll be on to me :lol:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:12 pm

sounds like a great trip well done

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 pm

cheers dusty id recommend it to anyone