Prescott WI and St Croix Bluffs park Hastings Minnesota

Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Got out on Sunday and Monday for a few hours fishing in gorgeous weather. On Sunday fished the St Croix river in Prescott Wisconsin. Second cast resulted in my first ever Walleye :D

Straight after that I hooked into a Bass and on my last cast got another small Bass

On Monday headed to St Croix Bluffs park in Washington County Minnesota. Was nice to fish somewhere quiet for a change. First cast resulted in me hooking the biggest Pike I have ever seen. However it didnt think much of my 10lb pound line just as I got it to the pier :( Awhile later I hooked into a nice Bass using a leech as bait.

Was also joined by a flock of geese -

and a few baby geese -

Re: Prescott WI and St Croix Bluffs park Hastings Minnesota

Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 pm

flocking geese... honestly.. bet you wish you had a tope trace now for that pike... :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 am

Nice going nige great to see different species & unlucky with the pike nige you'll get him next time ;)

Wed May 19, 2010 2:19 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:flocking geese... honestly.. bet you wish you had a tope trace now for that pike... :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Time to go and buy some I think :)

Wed May 19, 2010 2:21 pm

saltydog wrote:Nice going nige great to see different species & unlucky with the pike nige you'll get him next time ;)

thanks Conor, Heading back to the same spot on thursday. Hopefully its still there.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Some nice fishing there Nige, I'd love to have a go at fishing for bass and walleye. Hard luck on the pike but there is always next time.