fishing in italy

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi I am going on fishing trip to Italy (Terracina) in May and am trying to get as much info on species and tackle as possible. We are shore fishing on one day and boat fishing 2nd day . Theres not a lot of info that we can find and any help would be appreciated.
Keem

Re: fishing in italy

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:58 pm

i have an italian neice,ill see what i can find out for you.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm

keem wrote:Hi I am going on fishing trip to Italy (Terracina) in May and am trying to get as much info on species and tackle as possible. We are shore fishing on one day and boat fishing 2nd day . Theres not a lot of info that we can find and any help would be appreciated.
Keem

wow man.....i holidayed in terracina 22 years ago,absolutely beautiful but huge heroin problem,syringes everywhere.lovely town with traditional openair continental fish market,everything from tuna,bass,mackeral etc-dolphin all locally caught so i`d expect you`ll have a busy few days.lure fishing is all i`d bother with and id bring your standard selection of bass lures and a couple of fairly tough plugging rods(red dragon express or the like).very best of luck man and please let us know how you get on. :)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 am

There are videos on you tube of people butterfly jiging for Tuna... :)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks for all the info lads
Looking forward to it and will post when I get back.... not going till may