IMREC report

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

IMREC report

Postby johnwest » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:25 pm

I signed up to the IMREC scheme when it started and recently received some feedback from them. It makes for interesting reading; all my reported sessions were available including a map indicating marks fished along with some analysis of my own efforts compared with national averages. There are definitely some areas where I "must do better!" Areas are rated in terms of Most Catches by County, sad to see that the Wee County (ie Louth) is rated equal to Longford, Cavan and my own county, Armagh!
2013 species; 31

2014 species; 27

2015 species; 28

2016 species; 32

2017 species;28

2018 species; 33

2019 species; ballan wrasse,blonde ray, coalfish, cod, cuckoo wrasse, dab, dogfish, flounder, goldsinny wrasse, ling, mackerel, plaice, pollack, poorcod, pouting, scad, sea scorpion, spotty ray, spurdog, thornback, tub gurnard, turbot, whiting.

For this message the author johnwest has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:25 pm), JimC (Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:15 pm)
johnwest
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 1299 times

Re: IMREC report

Postby JimC » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:48 pm

Fair play for taking the time and effort to take part.
It is a great tool for an angler that keeps a log and is used to recording the details of trips. I find I am not so disciplined!
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Re: IMREC report

Postby corbyeire » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:37 am

I would have thought flounder was my most caught fish but it was actually pin whiting - great to see the stats on the year and the comparison to average reports
looks like a lot of anglers are only reporting on specific species or perhaps they only target those species, namely bass
the successful trips vs unsuccessful trips for that particular species was very high
must be a strong group submitting info on them
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions