Tescos bass

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:51 pm

was in my local tescos today and wandered over to the fish counter for a look i couldn't believe my eyes there was bass on display that were no more than 9 or 10 inches long i thought they must have been farmed but no i was told by the attendant they were sea caught anybody else notice this

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Drop the manager of the Tesco's a line. Have a read of this post for inspiration:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... php?t=4171

Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:21 am

unfortunatly those bass that tesco's get are farmed in greece where there are no restrictions in size limit... the only thing we can do is boycotte the fish counter in said supermarkets... also has any one noticed that they are selling sea reared rainbow trout as 'sea trout' .. it's just not right...

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 pm

seen fairly small gurnard on a counter in sainsburys last week, is there a minimum size for these, for sale?

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:05 am

did they even know what it was.... :?
was in tesco's a while back and heard them say that the black bream were farmed in the corrib... :shock:
i usually find whoever is at the fish counters haven't got a clue about fish, often bought cod and they sold it to me as whiting... there loss... :lol: