New user

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

New user

Postby hsilgnede » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:05 pm

Hi all. I'm starting to return to angling after many many years away. I fished with my father as a kid and young teenager all around Dublin and Wicklow and in the mid 90's we did a lot of lake fishing in Clare with the odd trip to blackhead.

About 7 or 8 years ago I had two trips to Fenit with my eldest who was 11/12 at the time and then in the last two weeks my younger two asked to go fishing so I took them to Liscannor Peir. My youngest (11) seems to have gotten the bug and looked to go again so I took her over to Killaloe last night for an hour or two of spinning.

Anyway just wanted to say hello. Enjoying getting back into it myself and hopefully starting to catch a few fish. Everything seems more complicated than I remember and everywhere I look for info the common theme is that there are just less fish to be had than there were when I was fishing as a youngster.

For this message the author hsilgnede has received thanks:
corbyeire (Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:53 pm)
hsilgnede
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: New user

Postby corbyeire » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm

unfortunately you are right - average size and number has dwindled over the last few decades
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions