Offshore Wind Farm Projects

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Offshore Wind Farm Projects

Postby jd » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi everybody,
The Community and Stakeholder Liaison Manager for DP Energy Ltd was in touch with regarding Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm and Inis Ealga Marine Energy Park
See below

Hi John,

Just to recap on our conversation; my name is Yvonne Cronin and I am the Community and Stakeholder Liaison Manager for a Cork Based Renewable Developer DP Energy Ltd.

We have a number of offshore wind farm projects in the consent phase on the Southeast, South and West coasts of Ireland

I am currently trying to reach out to angling clubs in the Arklow/Wexford and West Waterford/Cork areas in order to get information to the clubs and the anglers about the current stage of the projects and to alert them to the publication of Environmental Impact Assessment Scoping Reports which are due to be published for Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm (http://www.shelmalereoffshorewindfarm.com) off the Southeast coast and Inis Ealga Marine Energy Park (http://www.inisealgamarineenergypark.com) off the South coast.

My details are in the signature at the end of this email and I would really appreciate it if you would forward this email to anyone in clubs in the areas I listed above.

I have attached an information sheet for both projects.

I would really welcome the opportunity to present our plans to club members to ensure they are fully informed and have a chance to ask questions and discuss any concerns they may have.

I really appreciate any help that you can give me in order to make contact with the correct person/people.

Many thanks and very best wishes

Yvonne

Yvonne Cronin

Community and Stakeholder Liaison Manager

2nd Floor, 1 Horgans Quay. Waterfront Square, Cork City. T23 PPT8

Tel: +353 21 212 9844

Mobile: +353 87 102 8227

email: yvonne.cronin@dpenergy.com

http://www.dpenergy.com
Attachments
S004IE_INF_ShelmalereInformationSheetFinal_V7.0_20211209 (2).pdf
(510.74 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
I002IE_INF_InisEalgaInformationSheetFinal_V7.0_20220517.pdf
(915.08 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

For this message the author jd has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:35 pm), donal domeney (Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:52 am)
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Offshore Wind Farm Projects

Postby jd » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:56 am

This was in The Wexford People today

Public to have their say on Scoping Report for the proposed Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm
Consultation is now open for the EIAR Scoping Report for the proposed Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm off the east coast of Ireland and members of the public are invited to have their say.

The report, which can be viewed online and in a number of locations across Wicklow and Wexford, sets out the proposed scope of and methodology for use in the preparation of the future Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) for Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm. The future EIAR will outline the potential effects that the proposed project could have on the surrounding onshore and offshore environment if carried out.

“Publication of the EIAR Scoping Report for Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm is a significant milestone on the path to eventual preparation of a Development Consent Application for the project, supported by a robust and fitting EIAR. We very much look forward to engaging with all project stakeholders on the proposed approach to the EIAR set out in this EIAR Scoping Report,” said DP Energy's Consenting and Environment Manager Edwina White,.

DP Energy entered into a Joint Venture with Iberdrola in February 2021 for a 3GW pipeline of offshore wind projects, including the Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm. Due to be located off the coast of Wicklow and Wexford, Shelmalere Offshore Wind Farm has the potential to be an up to 1,000 MW (1GW) fixed-bottom offshore wind project. It is currently in its early development stage, with ecology surveys underway and site investigations surveys being planned. Once operational, it could generate enough renewable electricity to supply up to one million homes annually. The project is programmed to be operational by 2030.

The EIAR Scoping Report is available for review at the following locations: Wexford County Council offices; Arklow Municipal District Council offices; Wexford Town Library; Courtown Harbour Garda Station; Gorey Library; Enniscorthy Library; Enniscorthy Municipal District Council Offices. It can also be viewed online at the project website: www.shelmalereoffshorewindfarm.com/EIAR. The consultation will run until September 1 2022.

“We would encourage everyone who has an interest in the project to look at the proposals and let us know your views. We want to ensure that Shelmalere is positive for both national clean energy goals and for local communities,” said Iberdrola's Offshore Development Senior Project Manager, Declan McMahon.

For this message the author jd has received thanks:
corbyeire (Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:11 pm)
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions