Fishing TV Shows

Tue May 17, 2016 10:01 pm

I've been watching YouTube videos on Alan Yates fishing from the shore, and I'm wondering are there any channels on TV (I have Sky) that feature shore/inland fishing? I'm aware of those river monster shows but I'm looking for just plain fishing. I never watch TV so it'd be good to get into it. Does Henry Gilbey still do a fishing programme?

Re: Fishing TV Shows

Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Discovery Shed is going to be your friend!On my Sky it's on channel 242.

Very little saltwater angling shows-there will be an odd re run of Henry Gilbeys shows from the late 90s early 2000s.He bugs the s*** out of some people but I quite like his enthusiastic style of presenting.He has not done any TV for years though.

There are also loads of carp angling shows on-they all seem the same to me and bore me to tears! Unfortunately that's where the money is in the UK

You will see Matt Hayes pop up a good bit-even though the only freshwater fishing I do is for trout, I find his shows interesting and informative on all forms of freshwater angling. The couple of series he did with Mick Brown are really good. More than once I have sat down for ten minutes and been there an hour later because there was a couple of episodes of the Great Rod Race on!

Tue May 17, 2016 10:39 pm

The totally awesome fishing show on YouTube is quite good too-father and son team.I like the fact that they improvise plenty of their terminal tackle out of household bits.They are definitely not tackle tarts and are not trying to push this or that bit of gear

Wed May 18, 2016 12:37 am

some fishing programs on the free channels
wicked tuna on spike
river monsters on itv 1 and itv4
fishing adventurer on the travel channel

Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 am

shortcircuit wrote:The totally awesome fishing show on YouTube is quite good too-father and son team.I like the fact that they improvise plenty of their terminal tackle out of household bits.They are definitely not tackle tarts and are not trying to push this or that bit of gear

Ah yeah Graeme and Mike are the best, their videos are top notch! I'll definitely have a look at Discovery Shed!

Wed May 18, 2016 12:47 am

gfkelly1969 wrote:some fishing programs on the free channels
wicked tuna on spike
river monsters on itv 1 and itv4
fishing adventurer on the travel channel

Just watched an episode of River Monsters this evening! Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Wed May 18, 2016 10:58 am

shortcircuit wrote:The totally awesome fishing show on YouTube is quite good too-father and son team.I like the fact that they improvise plenty of their terminal tackle out of household bits.They are definitely not tackle tarts and are not trying to push this or that bit of gear

Yip love their videos especially when you see him catching Bass and Pollock on a rod which he got out of a skip.

Wed May 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Lad watch Robson greens extreme fishing on YouTube he's a right laugh

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Wed May 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Teegerstk wrote:I've been watching YouTube videos on Alan Yates fishing from the shore, and I'm wondering are there any channels on TV (I have Sky) that feature shore/inland fishing? I'm aware of those river monster shows but I'm looking for just plain fishing. I never watch TV so it'd be good to get into it. Does Henry Gilbey still do a fishing programme?

Not many good fishing programs on anymore But if you have one of those android boxes they have about 30 programs . I'm Addicted to them now

Thu May 19, 2016 9:29 am

Watching John Wilson last night. He has a nice simple approach and makes things seem accessible. He's on dis shed too. Always laughing like he just smoked a load of grass though... Sometimes I wonder what John does before the cameras start rolling....,!

Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Totally awesome fishing show is brilliant, I have watched probably ever single one!!
What fishing shows are on android box??
Surethingsfly on YouTube is good too, his excitement is brilliant

Fri May 20, 2016 8:03 am

The Waters Edge TV on YouTube is good aswell, showing catches of bass, sole, plaice and a series called Cod Quest. They mostly do freshwatet angling but a good few videos are beach fishing

Fri May 20, 2016 10:07 am

Fishing with Henry gilby is on quest channel at 6 am or so most mornings.

Sun May 22, 2016 5:32 pm

rushnaldo wrote:Fishing with Henry gilby is on quest channel at 6 am or so most mornings.

What number is that?

Sun May 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Channel 144 on sky is quest. Wild fishing with Henry gilby is on at 6am so just hit series record always worth a watch for the saltwater angler

Sun May 22, 2016 9:50 pm

rushnaldo wrote:Channel 144 on sky is quest. Wild fishing with Henry gilby is on at 6am so just hit series record always worth a watch for the saltwater angler

Thanks
EDIT: Just went in and recorded the series, thanks lad!

Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 am

A Passion for Angling is a classic. Not sure if it is being repeated at the moment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JramVU061TA

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 am

any new shows recently?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 pm

try fishing britain its a show on the fieldsports chanel , mostly freshwater but the odd bit saltwater

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

cheers for the suggestions