Fly fishing forum (river & lake)

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Lads- is there forums on fly fishing in ireland that have regular post activity ?

Re: Fly fishing forum (river & lake)

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 pm

not any more...
To be honest we tried many years ago to set one up and it never flew - fly fishermen don't seem to want to share as much as sea anglers.

Have a word with JD if you think there would be space for something here?

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Well I'm not sure I would be much of a contributor-seeing as the only place I have ever cast a fly is on the green in my estate !

I have joined a local trout anglers club though so hope to get into it now

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:11 pm

None really for Ireland but an awful lot of us from Ireland on fly fishing forums uk which is a great forum for all things fly fishing

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Well I must report . . .on my first cast on a river( a complete screw up of a cast!) I caught my first ever fish in a river. A little brown trout with the most striking red spots. Good case of beginners luck !

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:35 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Well I must report . . .on my first cast on a river( a complete screw up of a cast!) I caught my first ever fish in a river. A little brown trout with the most striking red spots. Good case of beginners luck !

Fair play! I took up fly fishing about 4 years ago.... It took me a lot longer than that to get one! Great way to fish.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:24 pm

It is a lovely way to fish alright its so different to lashing out a big bait with a 6oz gripper. But it does share some similarities with lure fishing alright.