South Coast - fishing conditions this week ?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Is anyone fishing at the moment anywhere on the south coast?? Particularly s.wexford.

Is it fish-able with these strong winds? Are there weed issues? Anybody down there planning to head out this week or weekend..?

Would appreciate some first-hand advice as a couple of us plan to head down there this weekend to fish the shore. Just looking opinions or ideas with regard to conditions.

PMs welcome

Thanks in advance
Last edited by chuckaroo on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: South Coast - fishing conditions this week ?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:10 pm

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/roches_point Youghal would come under the same area
4mt tides would make it hard going up the estuaries of Youghal and Monkstown.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:47 pm

This weekend looks very bad , very strong winds.

Looks better for a little bit on Monday then strong winds again Monday night.

Tuesday looks calmer. I reckon I might try and fish a beach mark Tuesday evening high tide is at about 9pm and wind doesn't look bad then.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Appreciate that Shortcircuit, cheers.

Hurricane Abigail and all that.. Looks like we could be in bother for the weekend :cry: :roll:

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:38 am

Woke up this morning- the first time the wind has dropped since the middle if last week. I reckon the fishing should be good today and excellent this evening on the beach marks.And I have to work :( :(

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 pm

id say the wind that rose around lunchtime yesterday put paid to any decent fishing yesterday - we now have barney!!!

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Tomorrow looks good , wind dying well back . . .

Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:08 pm

What are conditions like for weekend in Youghal?

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 am

shortcircuit wrote:Tomorrow looks good , wind dying well back . . .

We have been and gone shortcircuit.. It was tough going to say the least. Report put up by sweetwrasse here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48318
Did you get out yourself this week??

codmac wrote:What are conditions like for weekend in Youghal?

Would suggest going to the the website www.windfinder.com to find this out codmac, as used in the replies above...

Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:28 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Tomorrow looks good , wind dying well back . . .

all ill say shortcircuit is that the forecasts had thursday nice with clear skies, low winds and no rain

however on the beach yesterday evening there was gusting wind, rain horizontally at times and grey clouds all over

the moon phase would have you at home - but i sneaked a silver fella on a west coast beach yesterday after lw

so all the permutations etc. the best thing to do is just get out when you can - otherwise youll be waiting and waiting for the perfect conditions

half the time you get out in the them and the fishing is pants