Cant be bothered ?

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Cant be bothered ?

Postby JAMMYJOEY » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Heading out for my first sea angling trip since last November tomorrow ( dont feel sorry for me I've been coarse and game angling since then ). I thought I'd have a look at the shore reports to see if any particular area is worth visiting and I couldn't find a shore report for any marks around the Antrim or Down coasts going back months. I know from reports from guy's in the local tackle shops that the fishing this year hasn't been great but surely some of the members have been out and about. Is it that folk have given up reporting poor catches or are keeping quiet about decent marks, or is it that folk just can't be bothered any more ?

There are plenty of reports from all over the island apart from the north which is a real pity as this site was always very useful in the past.

I'll let you know how the trip goes.

Richard
JAMMYJOEY
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 11 times

Re: Cant be bothered ?

Postby ShaneH » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:04 pm

World sea fishing forum is were you will find all the nordie catch reports
Sportscast Ireland
ShaneH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 284 times

Re: Cant be bothered ?

Postby chuckaroo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:29 pm

there was the SFNorthern Ireland forum but it seemed to disintegrate quite rapidly. As ShaneH quite rightly points out, a lot of ones left the SFNI forum and went to the WSF forum to post reports in the 'Northern Ireland and Rep of Ireland Catch Reports' section - why they went there and not here, im not sure

yip, plenty of fishing going on all round the north coast all year, sometimes hard to find a free pier/rock at the weekends! a lot of people just not necessarily bothering with reports i reckon

'nordie'. like it

*EDIT oh yeah, and there seems to be a contingent of well acquainted 'nordy' fishermen that have resorted to posting their own reports onto Facebook... comparing notes and keeping in touch there
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions