What does membership get me?

Sea Angling Ireland SAC was set up by users of the site in 2005.

Moderator: Don

What does membership get me?

Postby Kraken » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:41 am

Hey Guys,
Want to join up to the club but am totally confused :? :P as to what exactly it is I will be joining? :oops:

I have seen on some of yere signatures numbers for the IFSA and SAC - what are these and how are they related to the site :?:

I would like to get more involved in the competition scene and all that goes with it but dont really know how to go about it

Not sure but dont think there are any clubs around here( if they are they are totally inactive - never heard of any comps etc)

Help please..........

john.
2009 Species:- Whiting, Dogfish, Bass, 3 Bearded Rockling

PB Casting Distances:- when I hit 200 I'll post it here

IFSA No.
SACN No. 0714

Steal a little and they throw you in jail.....Steal a lot and they make you King!!!!!!!!
Kraken
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby petekd » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:56 am

Howya John,

To help, If you join SAI-SAC, for your membership fees you get full IFSA affiliation which means you can fish any open competition in the country. Also included in that is insurance, handy if you send a lead winging through somebodies windscreen etc.... :D On the club side of things, you then are able to compete in both our Boat and Shore Master angler competitions, winners of each go off to fish the Master Angler the following year from which the Irish team is selected.

The competition fixture list has yet to be announced, however they will be spread all over the country. You do not need to attend every one to mount a good charge at the master angler title there will be a couple of "spares"!

IFSA numbers are just a number thats allocated to you when you join an IFSA affiliated club. The other Membership numbers you may have seen belong to the SACN, the Sea Anglers Conservation Network http://www.sacn-online.org and are members ways as such of publicising, quietly, this important area.

I can highly recommend you join SAC, this is not an old fuddy duddys club, we have a good time at the comps and they usually go hand in hand with a few pints and a bit of craic. We fish a variety of venues in totally different areas which can be a great leveller on the day. There are some super Anglers in the club, indeed, MB.3 came in the top ten in this years Master angler comp. You will enjoy the atmosphere and you will learn a lot. It was the first club I ever joined and I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly vibe throughout.
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby Kraken » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:36 am

Thanks for that Pete,

Have registered with SACN and as soon as my paypal account is sorted will join SAI-SAC (account frozen and dont know why??)

Hope to see ye all real soon :D

John
2009 Species:- Whiting, Dogfish, Bass, 3 Bearded Rockling

PB Casting Distances:- when I hit 200 I'll post it here

IFSA No.
SACN No. 0714

Steal a little and they throw you in jail.....Steal a lot and they make you King!!!!!!!!
Kraken
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby BigPhil » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:00 pm

details for contacts(secretaries) of clubs in munster, dungarvan sac did appear in 2006 diary, but doesnt seem to be there for 2007.

if you try donal domeney here on the forums he will also be able to advise you of clubs nearhand to you, he is the new chairman in munster.

just incase you wanted a club with all the fishing close to home etc....

[url]http://www.ifsa.ie/provinces/munster/secretaries.php[/url]
Not the BigPhil from Irish Angler mag, I'm the original, i swear!!!!
BigPhil
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Return to Sea Angling Ireland SAC