As it draws to a close.....Shore Master Angler 2006

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:54 am

Theres a shed load of permutations in relation to points for the Master Angler comp given there are 4 who can win it and there are at least 3 other club members fishing who cannot but could make things very interesting on the day...... :D

Take a look at this:

Mac 104
Seaniebo 97
Coaster 82
Mb.3 80

Also fishing on the day I think as club members are myself, Kstaff and Blaker with points for the best 6 cards from 7 fishing presuming everyone catches its going to take Carol Vorderman to work things out as it progresses..... :D First or second for Mac sees him walk away with the title so he is installed immediately as favourite. However, if he slips to 3rd place or lower things get very interesting with Seaniebo hot on his heels...

Current Odds on whos going to win the Club Master Angler, subject to change according to number of pints Mac consumes on the friday night.... :D (Sabotaging Macs car will be classed as bad form, stealing his bait, kicking over his tripod, cutting his line and blunting his hooks etc are all legitimate tactics however.)

Mac 4/6

Needing two places of a difference means Seaniebo starts at 4/1

The presence of Kstaff, the local knowledge and the lack of travelling has Coaster installed at shortish odds given the 22 point/5 scoring places deficit of 15/1

Mb.3 well worth a punt @ 20-1 Longer odds given his recent blank here.......

Its all to play for lads, best of luck to all concerned. Good to see 4 men still in the hunt at this stage of the year. I'm sure the rest of us will do our best to upset things along the way by pulling in a fish or two. Looking forward to doing some roving reporting on the day and a fish by fish ( :shock: ) well maybe hour by hour update on the scoring......

Mac, Remember, Pressure is for tyres...... It may be time to bring action man out of retirement for one last push...... :D

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:06 pm

I won't be ablre to make this one- but will keep in touch. My brother wouldn't move his birthday do. Boo Hiss!
(only joking Stephen!!)

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:21 pm

He ain't heavy, he's my brother (in law).....

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm

Hey!! What about my odds on winning the Master Angler. For God's sake all I have to do is simultaneously come 1st-6th and manage to disqualify all other anglers for flagrant abuse of the little known "fishing Tramore without cheese in your sandwiches" rule and I'm sorted!

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:42 pm

Blaker, your odds are 63,000,000/1. We all have to get wiped out by a lightning strike while you are at the cheese sandwich shop...... :D

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:52 pm

I can confirm that Seaniebo (Sean Ivory) won the Club Master Angler for 2006.
Hard luck to the rest, particularly Mac (Kev) who was pipped at the post.

jd

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:29 pm

lads apologies i couldn't make it :cry:

as far as i know Petekd won comp 8) !! that man is hell bent on not blankin in the comps anymore!!

Sean second place :P !!

but i can't remember who came next :roll:

well done Pete!! i heard it was a lttle hostile out there?!!!

Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:11 am

congrats to ya seanie boy!
with the masters next year on new home turf for ya theres no excuse...!!! :wink: :lol:

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks phil. Home turf alright, its all tope and smoothies up here just in case your wondering! :D

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:41 pm

well done Sean great win and the best of luck next year.

Colin

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Congrats Sean! Best of luck.

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 pm

fair play Sean! 8)

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:12 pm

sean, its not tope and smoothies up there....ive caught them all there before and returned them at portrush.....thats why we have such excellent fishing up here.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:40 am

Thanks again lads. Phil you should release a few at the downhill end of benone while yr at it!

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:25 am

nice one seany boy. lookin forward to catchin some of there elusive five bellied scobies up there too.