comp change??

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:24 pm

lads are you changin the venue for comp? heard that the current spot will be bass if there's a surf or nothing?

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Its a long way to go Mark for nothing. Can we discuss this please.Can any local lads confirm this.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm

I asked Big Phil and it is flounder, turbot and plaice, with a chance of Bass if there is a surf running. We were asked to move it to the Downhill end because of the Ulster championship at the main entrance the next day.`

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 pm

grand JD. just heard it was 'bass or nothing'! just letting yee know what i heard. cheers

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:55 pm

not plaice, but basically there should be fish the full length of the beach, benone has been fishing quite well, so no reason why downhill shouldnt.

but to be honest, there is no reason why if the most of you are staying in portstewart, that you dont fish portstewart strand itself, we are on it from 10 - 2 on saturday and you guys are fishing after that...right?

just thinking it would cut out a bit of travel for all of you..?

if it cuts up then there are the possibilities of east or west strand also in nearby portrush

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:05 am

BigPhil wrote:not plaice, but basically there should be fish the full length of the beach, benone has been fishing quite well, so no reason why downhill shouldnt.

but to be honest, there is no reason why if the most of you are staying in portstewart, that you dont fish portstewart strand itself, we are on it from 10 - 2 on saturday and you guys are fishing after that...right?

just thinking it would cut out a bit of travel for all of you..?

if it cuts up then there are the possibilities of east or west strand also in nearby portrush

Sorry- you're right-you never mentioned plaice.

I am agnostic about the location-because I don't know anything about it- but I would be apprehensive about changing the meeting up point (cooleys/anglers rest) with a week to go. We can be reasonably flexible at 2-3.pm saturday when everybody meets up, depending on local conditions/knowledge.
jd

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:17 am

well to be honest, i think that all those going will be on here inside the next week, plus portewart will be closer even for the northern lads as most seem to be coming from east antrim/down coast etc, most will know the anchor well, and itll be handy for all of you as you are staying there too, less chance of losing anyone on the way between portstewart and benone

plus, if any of you staying up on friday night fancy a walk to clear the head, come on down to portstewart beach on saturday between 10 and 2 and see us all there.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:34 am

ok
Change of plan
Note
we are meeting up at the anchor between 2 and 3 pm.. and takeit from there
jd