opens

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:03 pm

where do members of the club stand on entering opens?? when are we havin our own?!!!

Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:20 pm

We are allowed to enter any opens as they are "open" to all. It's up to yourself on the ones you'd like to enter. The general thinking was that SAI comps would all be closed for the first year as we wanted members only to build up the craic between the members and also to get to grips with the in's and out's of the comps themselfs. Comps for next year have yet to be decided but I'm sure there will be a couple of opens in there.

Kev

Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:32 pm

sounds good to me Mac! thanks for the reply.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:30 pm

A holder of an I.F.S.A. card, is entitled to enter any open competition run by a club which is run by a club affiliated to the I.F.S.A. Usuall a Club only holds one major open per year. as all other clubs hold an open and the calander gets very full.
Dingbat

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:51 pm

if you plan to fish an open shore comp it would be worth checking with the clubs secretary first to make sure it is not a pre-entry comp. most boat comps are pre entry as clubs would have to book boats well in advance. these would often require 2 - 3 weeks notice.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:46 pm

Moast of our outings with the Shannon club are open as we dont mind sharing our days out with other anglers as it makes it more interesting to meet new people and make friends the master angler section is the only closed part of our club like every other club really.

Our christmas outing is the only closed competition in the calendar as far as I know anyway.

We do have a modest size club so there is always plenty of room for other anglers to fish.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:54 pm

Neilus,

Sounds like a nice club you've got there. As myself and the other committee members are fairly new to the match scene we decided early on to have our first seasons comps closed so that we could iron out any issues with the physical running of a comp. For me personally this proved to be a good idea as although I am a very keen alrounder I knew very little about the in's and out's of Sea competition fishing. I'd like to think that through this forum the numbers of members in the club will grow and grow. Our competitions are fished hard but are also great fun and there is some great craic to be had on the beach. I am looking forward to having more members in the future and also getting more and more people to our comps. I'm not sure what direction we will go, that will be goverened by our members, but I hope the craic stays.

Kev

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:05 pm

I will more than likely join your club next season as ye fish a lot of mixed venues which makes the fishing more chalenging...........

Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:51 pm

i may be wrong but i think that if selecting a venue for your open it may have to be in the province to which your club is affiliated, as with our club applying for an open date it has to be put through your provincial secretary. as i say, im not sure, this is just my understanding of it?just may be of help to you if your planning to organise one in the near future?
by the way i think it was a great idea forming an internet club and all the very best and wish you's every success for the future.