Lofoten Island , Norway?

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Lofoten Island , Norway?

Postby cormyb » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:00 pm

In the middle of booking a weeks fishing in Norway with sportsquest holidays. Anybody on here ever used them?
cormyb
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 15 times

Re: Lofoten Island , Norway?

Postby big fish » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:09 am

No haven't mate but if you go to Bodo in norway yourself it's much cheaper and is great spot anyway Norway is beautiful mate
big fish
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Its Ofishal » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:53 pm

Im heading to Norway end of April and just fishing from rocks and piers so Ill post if anything to report (Im sure there will). Im watching Billyfishing on youtube hes from Ireland, lives and fishes over there all the time.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 104 times

Postby Its Ofishal » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Rented a 3 bed house for 120 euro per night and got a boat thrown in for the week for 100 euro.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Postby cormyb » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:15 pm

big fish wrote:No haven't mate but if you go to Bodo in norway yourself it's much cheaper and is great spot anyway Norway is beautiful mate

I know you can do it alot cheaper just thinking for our first trip over there it would be great to not have to worry about finding your way about and just be brought to the marks by someone who knows what their doing.
Have you fished Norway yourself? I fish with fixed spools (ultegras) was wondering would they be suitable or would I need to buy something more beefed up. We are looking at booking February next year, which apparently is a great time for some big halibut.
cormyb
SAI Bait Ball

Postby cormyb » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:16 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Im heading to Norway end of April and just fishing from rocks and piers so Ill post if anything to report (Im sure there will). Im watching Billyfishing on youtube hes from Ireland, lives and fishes over there all the time.

Ya watched all his videos. It's great to see some Irish lads doing videos for a change!!
cormyb
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Its Ofishal » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:09 pm

Just bringing shimano 6000 for spinning, penn 9000 for bait and beachcaster, 7ft shimano boat rod and tld 25. He says small stuff like swivels, clips and other stuff is very dear so I am making up some rigs and packing a small bag with lures, hooks weights and swivels. I will be travelling fairly light as the missus wants to see the sights so I will be up early and gone for a few hours each day. The beauty of it is that the house has a veranda on the fjord so I can fish off it as well. The reports are reasonable size cod, pollock, mackerel, ling and so on off the veranda. That will do for me.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Postby BRIAN DUGGAN » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:17 pm

Are you going to A camp or Nappstraumen,I have been to both and had excellent fishing,Cod,Halibut,Coalfish,Haddock,plaice,Ling,bring 8000 sized reels or multipliers loaded with 70 lb braid,pirks 300 to 400g,6 and 8 inch shads,leaders were 80 and 100lb fluoro,bring a few decent sized poppers for the Coalfish we had them up to 16 kg,Biggest Cod was 36 lbs,Halibut averaged approx 25 to 30 lbs but you could hook something very big,we hooked one that towed us around a bay for 20 minutes before getting off,make sure that all swivels and links are very robust at least 100 lb strength,we had some good plaice and Dab fishing in the sandy sheltered bays using frozen prawns from the supermarket,High Quality wet gear,gloves, and layers can be required if the weather turns bad ,the big coalies fight like crazy and watching them hitting the poppers was a highlight,we saw sea eagles and you might see the local pod of Orca if your lucky.

For this message the author BRIAN DUGGAN has received thanks: 2
chuckaroo (Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:12 pm), corbyeire (Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:00 am)
BRIAN DUGGAN
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby Its Ofishal » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:30 am

Im heading to Fusa, Bjornafjorden which is south of Bergen if anyone was in that area it would be nice to hear how they did. If the weather is ok in April/May it will be trial and error on the boat which is supplied so I dont know if it has any electronics on board but shore fishing and out in the boat should be interesting.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum