Reel parts, nuts ,bearings and such

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Hey, been having trouble sourcing the small stuff in ireland/europe. I've been looking for a handle but for an abu baitcaster, same for abu classic 6500c and some insides for an okuma Jaw. I know they arent expensive reels but would rather spend 5 or 8euro for bits rather than 50 or 60 for new reels.
Thanks

Re: Reel parts, nuts ,bearings and such

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Have a look on Facebook Reel repair and service,Derek Talbot,just had a reel done I thought was for the bin,it’s in one of his video s,now working perfect ,very happy with his repair and service, hope this helps, Eddie

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Try Jim's reel shop in the UK i get all my parts from him

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:24 pm

Let me know what size bearings you need and I'll have a look in my parts box. I've a heap of bearings

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am

I should be able to help with the ABU stuff, send me a list of what you need

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Cheers Dezzer

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:24 pm

cd07 wrote:Let me know what size bearings you need and I'll have a look in my parts box. I've a heap of bearings

Thanks, Cd07 , will check with him. I think I'm sorted for bearings now,found a bag of old reels, plenty of clean working bearings in them. My only remaining issue is the inner part of a bearing is seized onto the drive gear of the akuma(rest of bearing broke away.) Been soaking it in wd40 to try eat away the corrosion.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:31 pm

I've a double handle for an Abu 6500 reel here spare if you need it. Used and some scratches but perfectly serviceable.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 am

alexthefisherman wrote:I've a double handle for an Abu 6500 reel here spare if you need it. Used and some scratches but perfectly serviceable.
thanks,got it sorted