Bait and Marks Inishowen Peninsula

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:31 pm

How’s it going,

I’m heading up to the bottom of the Inishowen Peninsula for a few days next week and going to try sneak off for an evenings fishing if I can. Is there anywhere you can pick up the likes of rag or lug or even frozen bait in that neck of the woods?

A ray still alludes me after all these years so if there’s anywhere I might be in with a shout of catching one at this time of year on the peninsula, please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by delmonte on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bait and Marks Inishowen Peninsula

Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Had no luck with Ray that direction, plenty of the usual pollack. There’s lug to be dug up there but haven’t saw any good tackle shops with bait. Normally need to go Donegal bay direction or get bait before heading up if your looking anything outside of digging lug

Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:00 pm

Ah right thanks. Leaving Dublin early Monday morning so a bit awkward trying to get fresh bait. Will sort something!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:12 am

When you say"bottom of Inishowen" do you mean the southern end? Buncrana pier and Fahan near the marina are well known ray marks (Swilly side of Inishowen). If you pass through Strabane on your way up there is a decent tackle shop which normally has supplies of frozen bait; sandeel, mackerel, crab, lug. The Bridge Guns and Tackle, 19-21, Butcher Street, Strabane, sterling not euro!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:26 am

How’s it going John,

When I say bottom of the Peninsula I just mean I’m staying at the southern end but I’d be a man like me is willing to take a spin anywhere within reason! Having said that, Fahan and Buncrana seem close enough. I’ll give that place in Strabane a buzz and see can they fix me up. I have a few pound sterling somewhere and all.

Thanks very much!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:41 am

Alas they are closed of a Monday but thanks anyway!