What was your worst fishing trip or story?

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

What was your worst fishing trip or story?

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:45 pm

We've all had bad days and blanks, what is your most memorable bad day of fishing?
2023 shore species: (0)
2023 hours fishing on shore: 0
Gonzo Fishing Ireland
Gonzo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 413 times

Re: What was your worst fishing trip or story?

Postby Teegerstk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Gonzo wrote:We've all had bad days and blanks, what is your most memorable bad day of fishing?

This reminds me of a similar thread that appeared a few years ago, great reading.
My worst session was probably one on Grange beach in Wexford about 4 years ago. The seaweed situation was so bad that my rod was getting pulled in off the tripod constantly to the point where I ended up losing two shock leaders and two rigs and also broke my tripod, and to top it off, snapped the tip off my spinning rod in the car door as we promptly left. Funnily enough I've fished the same area since multiple times with little to no weed!

Haven't had a truly nightmarish session yet but I know it's coming :oops:

edit: FWIW viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47633&p=368973&hilit=worst+day+fishing#p368973
Last edited by Teegerstk on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab

For this message the author Teegerstk has received thanks:
Gonzo (Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm)
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby mickser » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:44 pm

My most memorial days fishing is when after pestering my dad to by me a rod & reel to go fishing in the Liffey and he did .That was over 50 years ago and after catching some cod and flounder in the Liffey I was hooked on fishing for life I have fished in every county in Ireland since then won a few competitions and have been a secretary/chairman/treasure of clubs in a lot of that time was even involved in putting over a thousand anglers in a shore competition in the millennium year. Overall fishing has been great for me meeting new friends learning new tricks going to new ports / beaches /countries all for the sake of fishing . What a pleasure it has been and now as i can no longer fish I get to enjoy reading and giving advice on this site to all those who may need it.
mickser
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?

For this message the author mickser has received thanks: 5
EddieK (Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:18 pm), Gonzo (Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:33 pm), pajo (Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:49 pm), shortcircuit (Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:44 am), Teegerstk (Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 pm)
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby keithelliott » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:01 pm

I’ve read and used a lot of tips you’ve put up mickser, think you told me about a mark in Rosslare too, which I fished twice this week,
1st time was an absolute nightmare, weed was unreal. Rigs gettin lost every cast. Real fine weed that was gettin stuck at the top of the rod, couldn’t even reel in, only got into fishing in recent years, so that was probably my worst day fishing,,
Oh and another day I was spinning of the rocks in Wexford and I got snagged up, while trying to in snagg it the rod snapped(brand new rod from henrys fishing tackle)
keithelliott
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum