Fishing Bags

Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi all, I'm new here.

Do you use a fishing bag for your trout fishing, or are you a fan of back packs, bum bags, chesties etc?

Do you use different methods of carting your gear around for a river compared to a loch or stillwater?

How do you carry your fishing stuff

Re: Fishing Bags

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Most of the time I use a Daiwa Seat Box on the beach and pier, but when travelling light to lure fish I use this simple camping backpack to hold the essentials, and if one was to wade then some sort of waist bag would be suitable to hold lures, a scissors, disgorger etc.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Strange post

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 pm

tinto wrote:Strange post

I don't see why? Ways of carrying gear is definitely a good topic for shore fishing, I myself use a military backpack atm just to keep me going until I can afford a tacklebox/seat :D

A good tip I got from my uncle is velcro, use velcro straps for your rods/tripod to keep them all bundled together and then attach a shoulder strap for easy carrying!

Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:32 am

A good tip I got from my uncle is velcro, use velcro straps for your rods/tripod to keep them all bundled together and then attach a shoulder strap for easy carrying!

That's a handy tip, cheers.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 am

tinto wrote:Strange post

Not at all. There's been plenty of posts like this just asking what sort of gear people use

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:57 am

I think a bag you use for freshwater is very different to salt as the zips corrode seize up from the salt. Would love to find a saltwater long lasting bag!!

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:48 pm

I use an old photographers bag plenty of extra side pouches have for years but I am waiting for Audi's to bring back one of their fishing bags that have a plastic bottom and is also a cooler aswell