Dublin and surrounding areas

Wed May 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Well guys has anyone got out to shore recently.

Re: Dublin and surrounding areas

Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Well guys has anyone got out to shore recently.

Yes almost every day I fish North Dublin, mostly Portrane and Rogerstown, mixture of lure and bait fishing, have yet to catch anything this year bar the tiny flats I foul hooked lol

Thu May 07, 2020 9:15 am

I have never fished for bass or sea trout but I have a beachcaster and a few spinning rods so when the distance is extended to 20km I might be giving you a shout if you don't mind and we can meet up at a distance and obviously Ill be asking for tips.

Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 am

Hey Gonzo so next Monday morning I hope to head to Rogerstown early in the morning armed with my light spinning rod and whatever old sea spinners I have and a couple of rapala lures and poppers. I intend walking from the beach in to the bay on the incoming tide so all I ask is do I need waders or will wellies do as Ive never even seen this place except on maps.

Mon May 11, 2020 10:30 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Hey Gonzo so next Monday morning I hope to head to Rogerstown early in the morning armed with my light spinning rod and whatever old sea spinners I have and a couple of rapala lures and poppers. I intend walking from the beach in to the bay on the incoming tide so all I ask is do I need waders or will wellies do as Ive never even seen this place except on maps.

I normally don't wear waders here as the channel is very close and easy to cast into from dry sand, I have seen people wearing wellies and taking a few steps into the water.

Mon May 11, 2020 10:31 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:I have never fished for bass or sea trout but I have a beachcaster and a few spinning rods so when the distance is extended to 20km I might be giving you a shout if you don't mind and we can meet up at a distance and obviously Ill be asking for tips.

I'd have no problem with that but I don't really have much tips as I've never caught any bass here or anywhere for that matter lol I only started fishing for bass this year :D

Mon May 11, 2020 11:52 pm

Its all about trying so I hope to be there about 530 am cos full tide is 10am I think. Thanks for the info btw.