August fishing in Kerry

Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 am

Planning a trip to Kerry in August
I was hoping to rent a place for a week that has access to beach. I've seen one that looks ideal backing directly onto cromane . I'm just wondering does anyone here fish this area or should I be looking at different areas around that coast.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Re: August fishing in Kerry

Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm

First I would check with the government roadmap to see if its open and available... August 10th from recollection marks the start of Phase 5 which sees most holiday facilities open. And you will have at least a 20 kilometre range open as well. Search using Cromane. HTH

Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm

This is very true. I'll have to wait until nearer the time to see how things go. As I said I'm hoping to get there in August. If one of the phases is held up that won't be possible but hopefully things will go well.

Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Never but keep meaning to. But ya should be able to get the same stamp of fish as rossbeigh and Inch, Flats, bass and a outside chance of a thornback maybe a sea trout.If you have a car you are not to far from Coonanna aswell.If all else fails there is a nice pub in Cromane and the locals may point you in the right direction.

Tue May 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Thanks
I'll look nearer the time to see where's available. The dog show circuit and the rose is cancelled so there might be a few places to be had.

Tue May 05, 2020 11:37 pm

Might have a wee problem with accommodation all of Ireland will be holidaying here if we are allowed..,,,,,,,?

Wed May 06, 2020 2:12 pm

A big long PM sent ?
mickser