guest and "the fan club"

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:15 pm

To whom it may concern

We had a very interesting post here tonight in which a specific angler was named by a guest poster (no name or contact details supplied) who in supporting the angler in question, suggested various things about angling clubs, officials and competitors in Leinster, none of which were favourable!

I have had to delete the post. The only person entitled to post such material would be the named angler, and even if that person made such allegations here, I would have to delete that post as well. If people want to complain they should address their complaints to the club, officials, IFSA, organisations or similar, even the news media or angling magazines, and include contact details so that their views can be verified and their identity checked.

I want to stress that no disrespect is intended to the anonymous poster.

All it will need is ONE solicitors letter to close this forum - all users need to bear that in mind. The threat of litigation rather than actual litigation might be enough. This site has no income, displays no advertisements, gains nothing from the competitions it runs in association with sponsors...

Many thanks