Essential fishing kit??

Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:17 pm

What one piece of fishing kit would you be lost without?
1. Nail clippers......essential for trimming knots, cutting line making rigs etc

Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:52 pm

Hooks :shock:

You just gotta have them!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:01 pm

I also find it handy to have some line to attatch the hooks :D

Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:40 pm

I normaly carry a rod with me also :o

A reel now and again helps though :wink: :D

i belive you mean what non staderd fishing thing

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:13 am

i sopose my tily lamp for night fishing and a good sharp knife and chopingbord without them im lost ever try cut up bait with a siseros and youll know what i mean

Essential kit

Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:02 pm

I always bring my bait. I've tried bare hooks but they havent worked yet.... :D :D :D

Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:39 pm

weight, may belead stone spark plug
any thing to get the bait, line, hoooks to the fish.

dave

dtmcc
davseaangling@utvinternet.com

Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:54 pm

it's all essential! how many times has the sea thrown something a little different at you. best to be able to adapt rather than resorting to 'if only i brought my....'

essential kit

Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:59 pm

Come on now boys you know youre all wrong, tis a sense of humour surely, you spend the dollar on all the latest gear, go to the trouble to have top qual bait, fill the car up with fuel its chuckin down with rain and blowin a hooley yet nothin is gonna stop that days fishin, you arrive home drippin wet freezin cold and her indoors says had a good day luv i ask you its gotta be humour cos we all done it at sometime or other you just gotta laugh aint you.oh i forgot to add no blummin fish either wicked innit

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:20 am

Christmas is coming don't forget to raid the crackers for the nail cutters :lol: .

I always bring my bait. I've tried bare hooks but they havent worked yet....

I caught mackeral this year on bare hooks, black ones at that :shock:.

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:43 am

I caught mackeral this year on bare hooks, black ones at that .

I can beat that:

I've caught them on a closed Crane Interlock snap swivel :shock:

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:17 pm

Thats just greedy!

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:45 pm

But why would you fish with a closed Crane Interlock snap swivel? I have ordered 200 hooks from Veals, so if you want a few to try instead of the swivel, give me a shout. :lol:

Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:19 pm

Hooks? Pah! Too easy!