Collecting bait dublin area?

Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:03 pm

I am planning on fishing Geystones southbeach on Sat. High tide being about 9pm. I plan on digging bait at low tide before I head to Greystones. Where would be the best place to dig bait in the Dublin Area? What type of bait? I am clueless to if you can collect lug or rag at the moment? Anybody else fancy fishing that night?

Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:47 pm

Dig rag at the wooden bridge or out at the channel at st. fintans school, sutton.

Bait

Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:06 pm

Now master Burke, you know better than this... You had to ask me and i'd have told you... :roll:

Sutton

Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:15 am

Take a right when you reach the Sutton crossroads (at the Marine hotel). Drive by the petrol garage on your left, then the church, then take the next right hand turn which follows the bay around to the right. Park anywhere along here and dig in the mussel beds themselves. 45 mins should see you with enough bait for a session. The place has been full of king rag on my last few visits. Try and time it to arrive at low tide though, otherwise the mussel beds will be covered.

You can also dig lugworm here, but you will need to walk about 500 yards up towards Sutton dingy club to get any decent numbers. They are generally found quite close in the the sea wall.

If you are patient (and lucky) peelers can be found all along this stretch too. Along with tonnes of mussells.