Dexter Twisty Bait Clips

Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:30 am

Is anyone else using the new Dexter Twisty bait clips ont their Rigs? Ive found them to be damn good. Pity their so damn expensice.

Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:11 pm

i have recently started to use telephone wire 'clips'. use on rough ground rigs, or on a 1 hook that you want to clip down in a hurry. very cheap and can be made as big or as small as you like. the wire is soft and will pull out of snags over rough ground.

rough guide-

take 4inches of telephone wire. bend it back on itself. now to add to the mainline, place 1 inch over the leader. this will be for the clip. now twist the excess around the leader. tighten against knot or lead link. trim off excess tag (optional). you can shape the clip to suit bait size, shape, etc.

Re: Dexter Twisty Bait Clips

Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:41 pm

DPH:IM INTRESTED IN THESE NEW CLIPS HOW MUCH ARE THEY AND WHERE DO YOU GET THEM :D

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:21 am

you can make them yourself with plastic coated paper clips.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:35 pm

COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THEM PLEASE IM INTRESTED.

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:42 pm

Take paper clip (plastic coated are best) staighten out and cut in half, rap around pencil or narrow tube 3 times. slide off tube and stretch paperclip until it's almost straight but not quite. make a shallow u shape at the end with a slight kink in the end to stop the hook inadvertantly sliding of. Add clip to line when it is taught and apply pressure or wrap slightly around line to ensure positioning. Add final loop at the end (opposit u shape) around trace body to stop it falling off completely after cast. I have made these from lengths of copper wire too. effective, cheap and disposable.

J