NW meet Sunday 1st June

Mon May 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi

Heading off for a full day's fishing Sunday 1st June. Been building up the brownie points recently! Probably be Mayo but I might be persuaded to fish Sligo, perhaps the infamous Darby's Hole in anyone is interested?

Tide is likely to be evening, long range weather forecase is very good. Light winds SW, no rain, 15-18 C in daylight, cloud cover, 1010 MB.

FWIW
Last edited by kieran on Mon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 19, 2008 6:32 pm

theres a good chance i could be in belmullet that weekend - i let you know if its a runner

Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 pm

corbyeire wrote:theres a good chance i could be in belmullet that weekend - i let you know if its a runner

Jeez, you're fairly gettin' around the country. Well for some. :twisted: :lol:

Mon May 19, 2008 8:52 pm

part of the job

the exhaustion is not all its cracked up to be!

:lol:

Re: NW meet Sunday 1st June

Fri May 23, 2008 12:22 am

kieran wrote:Heading off for a full day's fishing Sunday 1st June. FWIW

Hi Kieran,

I'd be interested in joining you but I plan to fish the Blacksod boat comp which is on that week-end.
Pity about the clash, catch you next time :)

James.

Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm

If your going to go NW, don't stop at sligo. Continue on 'til you get to Gods county :D

Fri May 23, 2008 5:52 pm

sound like fun but it clashes with a UCC meet, sorry, hopefully next time

Sat May 24, 2008 12:10 am

I'm off to the Far East for 3 weeks, otherwise I might have been tempted.

Oh well, I'll just have to suffer on............ :D

Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm

well kieran

is this still a runner?

fancy bringing it a bit more south to mayo side - or are you eager to get away from your local spots?

this northerly breeze is still to be about for the weekend

Brian

Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Tanglerat wrote:I'm off to the Far East for 3 weeks, otherwise I might have been tempted.

Dublin for 3 weeks eh!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i'd nearly try make this one myself, but i dont think i'll be in any fit state for it :oops:

still a runner!

Wed May 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi

Yes, HW at 15:41 for Broadhaven Bay (northern Belmullet) at 3.3 metres, wind from the N, light, < 10 knots, little or no rain, no direct sunshine...

Probably seek to meet in Belmullet town in the square around 9-10 am, fish some of the northern marks on the rising tide and then if pressed move to a beach (the Glash tower or the new pier at Blacksod) to try for other species.
Personally would prefer to rock hop and check out some new marks...

FWIW

Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:
Tanglerat wrote:I'm off to the Far East for 3 weeks, otherwise I might have been tempted.

Dublin for 3 weeks eh!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i'd nearly try make this one myself, but i dont think i'll be in any fit state for it :oops:

Further East...... a whole lot further. :lol:

Bemullet arrangements...

Fri May 30, 2008 11:10 am

Right...

bring the hiking boots with you, wave height no more than 1.5 metres so some new marks to be explored up near Erris Head. :D :shock:

For anyone who is interested, meet in Belmullet "diamond" or failing that the Eurospar before 10 am on Sunday. Weather looking benign too.

Tight lines one and all

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:39 am

good luck, look forward to the report