Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Right so, what i'll do is this, if we are organising a flotilla and the weather looks reasonable enough for a trip out there a couple of days in advance then I will hand over my seat on the charter boat to a reserve and I'll bring down the Orkney. If I cant find a reserve or the weather looks poor then Ill sit tight on the charter if thats ok. Either way, the charter wont be a man down. Wouldnt mind pootling round on me tod there if there was an opportunity.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:19 pm

jd has confirmed. No word yet from jw or hairyconger.

Flotilla sounds cool. 8)

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:13 pm

jw is on for this, talked to him..

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:08 pm

a week lads i think i have commited to something else hoping the dates dont clash ill know in a few days :roll:

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:10 pm

No worries hairy, we've got loads of time yet and sadly, loads of reserves trying to get out too.

jw has confirmed.

MC is first in line as reserve. marco and alaistairwilson have boats, so they may possibly join the flotilla.

~Roadrunner, welcome. You're on the reserve list for the charter, which is best I can do at this stage. There may be possibilities of joining one of the flotilla, depending on how that organises. Whereabouts in Donegal are you?

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:02 pm

dosent this clash with downings shark festival because you get always try micehal mc viegh ???just if theres a Q of people why not try another boat in the area! pat robinson maybe?

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:11 pm

Don't think it clashes with the Shark Festival....if it did we wouldn't have been able to book Trevor in the first place.

Sadly, I think Pat's days of skippering are done. Last I heard, he's retiring. Shame, best skipper in Ireland.

McVeigh........d'oh! I'll give him a call, see if he's free.

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Nope, Michael McVeigh is already booked for that day.

I've had a look at the tide tables, and it's looking juicy. It's a couple of days past the Spring tide, which I've always rated as a pretty good time to try for a good catch.

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:18 pm

if need be I will join the small boat floatilla, if any one will let me join them

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:53 am

What's the slibway like down there?

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:43 pm

You'd be looking at Downings or Portnablagh, info on both can be found [url=http://http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?t=2714]here[/url]

Although, is there a slip at Meevagh where Trevor moors up? I reckon there must be, but for the life of me I can't recall any details. It might be cool to launch from there and fish the mouth of the Mulroy for flatties.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:08 am

Tks for the info. I need a descent slib to launch because my boat is quite heavy and I know I'll run in to trouble if I don't prepare well.

MC you are welcome to join.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Yip, Pat's retired from skippering which is a pity, but he's coming out with us as part of our crew.

Sounds like we've got a few small boat owners interested. Maybe we could make it an annual thing, run a small competition ??

Slipway is grand, I can launch from it and I drive a 307 so anything bigger should have no problems (make sure your aux engine is well attached though :oops: )

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Marco wrote:MC you are welcome to join.
thanks Marco, will hold you to that.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm

theres a slip at meveagh alrite

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm

im out :? other commitments

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Too bad hairy, shame you won't be there.

So, mc is next in line, followed by marco and alaistairwilson. Although, are ye guys going in wee boats? In which case I think it's roadrunner.....

anyhoo, mc, you're up. Let us know please.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:25 pm

count me in

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:56 am

Gerry,

Unfortunately i'm now out for this one - all-ireland hurling 7's in dublin that weekend. Damn foreign sports!

John.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Is there still an interest in a few small boats doing this as well ? Trevor showed me a nice flattie mark in Mulroy yesterday (turbot , dab, dogs and thornbacks caught, not to mention other species we didn't catch) . I reckon between it, and Horn head we could have a half day at the pollock with leadheads etc, and a few hours at the flatties in the bay on the way back to the slip.

Anyone still interested let me know.