Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:49 am

Glenaarm fished well last night with minimal weed in evidence.

Jude

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:56 am

yes that would be my back up plan to fish there.
getting back the place to fish for the northern meeting is waterfoot beach at 6pm. :D :D :D :D :D :D
the winds at the moment are light so should be spot on.
again something i have never fish before. :)
so that the time and place dont worry if your late up doesnt matter :)
so ordering your baits for firday :D :D :D

mate

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:21 am

ok mate see you all there, never fished here at night so be good. i take it we meet at the white house with flat roof not the town end as there is a car park at the house end.

Re: mate

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:17 am

pookie5488 wrote:ok mate see you all there, never fished here at night so be good. i take it we meet at the white house with flat roof not the town end as there is a car park at the house end.

i think it would be good if we parked in the car park there are toilets there for the Lady's you know the one in town its only a small walk till the beach and you have plenty of room to cast out i know that the 1st car park the flat house at high tide you might get it tight to an OTG cast its only an idea so don't eat me Liam :oops:

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:23 am

sounds good. I have an idea where your talking about.

ok

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:47 pm

ok let me know were this car park is iam not sure lads. wife hoping to join us so toilets will help. trying to get her mum to mind the child.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:30 pm

guys, just a word of warning....flat house car park better.....at the wekends a few years back a few cars were damaged/broke into at the town end car park at night whilst guys were fishing....
not sure yet, might make it down myself

meet

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:06 pm

This is reason i have only ever fished here in day time, Me and costa both have had trouble on the pier at night locals and little boy racers. Lucky it was just trying to scare us.

They seem to hang out at the bus shelter and drink, on any night you will see them.

I have also heard of damage to cars

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:17 pm

thanks of the warning bigphil we all ways go to the car every hour of so keep warm and to eat but i will be checking the cars there to and to look out for little boy racers :evil: or anyone near our cars i am fishing close to my car anyway less to walk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Sorry guys but I have to back up Phil on this - If I was fishing this beach - I would not leave my car in the car park at the town end.

I know of several guys who have had their cars damaged or broken into at this spot.

Best to use the car park at the flat roof house.

I appreciate there is a lady angler - but what would be worse - a damaged car or an uncomfortable toilet break - sorry Carry On Nursing but better safe than sorry.....

The tide will be out when you arrive http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/data ... html#graph so there will be plenty of room to cast.

JUDE
[/b]

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:58 am

thats were we are fishing and parking our cars right beside the flat roof house 8)
we went going leave ours cars down at the town end..
its before you go in the town...

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:01 pm

ok flat house car park at 6pm. i will be there.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:55 pm

Anyone need a lift from crossgar co down direction I hope to be leaving about 4:30pm Lazy

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:37 pm

no bother with having to look after cars at the flat roof, might get down for a few hours lead slinging hopefully - just to confirm everything, friday night from 6pm? what time is everyone planning to stay too?

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:49 pm

BigPhil wrote:no bother with having to look after cars at the flat roof, might get down for a few hours lead slinging hopefully - just to confirm everything, friday night from 6pm? what time is everyone planning to stay too?
yes bigphil friday at 6pm bring a few beers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:10 pm

dont drink and drive mate, id say ill be steering if i do make it! :cry:

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:14 pm

am the same :)

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:28 pm

never drink and drive on those crazy roads liam. just wait till u get home sir

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:42 pm

o you are calling me sir o very posh :) :)

meet

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:07 pm

sorry but will not be at this one child minding problems. But rob (pookie) and his mates still going.

I hope to make the first meet of the new year, cant have rob having all the fun.

have a good one lads and lassies