Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:37 am

Irish_Shamrock wrote:
hairyconger wrote:can you bring seatboxs/rods and tackle shops with you?

ps livid dont look shocked :roll:

Don't see why you couldn't check them in as hold luggage - plenty of golfers do it with their gear...

Surely you're not looking to bring a tackle shop to Corcaigh?!?!? :shock:

Might as well be :lol:

Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:11 am

Dunno what your driving Shamrock,
8 hours (from Derry) in a car.
5 1/2 hours usually does it for me!! Its not a bad drive to be honest coming down that side of the country, its virtually motorway to Portlaoise and the road from there to Cork (100 miles or so) isnt that bad at all.

You always catching them on baits, just wondering would there be any point in throwing out a few plugs or the likes?

Erm Bob, dont even consider it. :shock: :D

You can get peeler crab handy enough but you do need to order it a few days in advance to guarantee supply. Try Dan in Halfway Angling Centre and Tony and Trev in Cork Angling and Outdoor Centre. It helps to get to know these people BTW, you get looked after a sight better! When its in short supply you wont have a hope of getting it otherwise.

Lads, you dont need a tackle shop with you FFS :D Rod, Reel, Rig wallets, bag of leads, some shocky, bait elastic and your sorted. Any other bits and pieces you can pick up here.

:idea: Petes rent-a-rod store is now open for business..... :idea:

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 am

oh we know the guys in the outdoor angling centre....well they know me anyway. always have a good just what ever u do don't mention that u get ur macs from the english market because its cheaper. those guys won't let u live it down. hahaha good way to get them to remember u though. they take the piss everytime i go in now.hahahaha!!!!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:44 am

Aha.....I know who you are now.... Ive heard the story off the boys. You were pointed out to me once as you were leaving when I was coming in. They didnt like that whole macks thing, poor lads. :D

What was funnier, however true it was, was the story relating to certain people making a song and dance about macks being cheaper in the English Market and after buying everything else, heading off there......only to find it closed and having to return an hour later for mackerel.... :lol:

I dont know how true that was but I did find it funny. Possibly not about yourself so dont be having a pop at them... :lol:

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:56 am

HAHAHA!! that very well could have been us. no song and dance though!!! im a big yank from san fran. the guys always have a laugh when i go in, but they are great for hooking up discounts and haggling. hahaha!!!! sure i havn't shopped in murphys in town since they opened. murphys are class though as well. always looking for good stories.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:36 am

'Twas yourself alright..... LOL Have a pop at them!!!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am

Pete how far is de wall from the airport? is there any form of car hire available down there?

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:46 am

Every form of car hire you would want Hairy. De Wall about 10-15 minutes from the airport. If you do decide to come down and are tight for space, let me know if you need to borrow any gear.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:46 am

20 mins from airport. Avis, hertz etc. in airport.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:52 am

petekd wrote:Every form of car hire you would want Hairy. De Wall about 10-15 minutes from the airport. If you do decide to come down and are tight for space, let me know if you need to borrow any gear.

cheers im checking the flights now...just gota persuade a few others to go :shock:

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:56 am

Its really not that bad of a drive mate. You dont have to go into Dublin city or anything.....seriously I dont know where your driving from but presuming Belfast, leave at 7am, Youll be here for 12-12.30

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:09 pm

petekd wrote:Its really not that bad of a drive mate. You dont have to go into Dublin city or anything.....seriously I dont know where your driving from but presuming Belfast, leave at 7am, Youll be here for 12-12.30

Drew has expresssed a slight unrealistic interest gonna try a few others first depends on how much the car hire is because flights are avilable from 29 euro just trying to see if its worh while flying or driving(doing the sums)....driving never bothers me going its coming home is the problem....im going ive i can get a nutter to go with me 8)

Argh 'De Wall'.............

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Hey Dan, whats all this US shite man???? I never once said anything about bait being cheaper in the market so don't even try bring me down with you!!! :)

Sure I have been going in there religiously for the past 12 months and often stay in their for a few hours chatting with the lads, and every time I go in they ask me "where's your Yanky friend" they don't even let me answer before they say "oh never mind we already know he's probably down in the english market getting his mackeral" :)

Ya langer, trying to give me a bad name!!!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:33 pm

LOL lads..... Ahem..cough...cheapskate...cough :D

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:34 pm

hahaha the us shite cmoes from times like last weekend in ballycotton when you had no problem using the bait we got from the english market and the fact that u were with me in the shop when i said it to the guys there and the fact that they say that to u everytime u go in and whenever i go in they say "off to the english market to get ur bait! hahaha

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:34 pm

see what you've done Dan!!!! :) all over 50 fecking cent!!! LOL

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Car hire will not be cheap Hairy, reckon on at least 80 euro a day. Not sure how old you are mate but a lot wont rent to under 25s unless things have changed in past couple of years.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Is there scots/yorkshire/cavan blood anywhere in you Dan? :D

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:37 pm

petekd wrote:LOL lads..... Ahem..cough...cheapskate...cough :D

:lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:38 pm

ok that one time last weekend made sense as we were in the city already and that was the first time in I don't know how long I got bait there cuz I usually have the freezer full from the year so never need macks. I usually buy the bait in Angling Centre as its the only place where you can get lampreys.