Limerick Estuary meet

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:18 am

A while back there was talk of getting a Limerick SAC club going again. To see if theres a interest in this I propose those interested meet once a month to see what number we'd get. I'd propose Friday evening in the middle of the month. Let me know if theres any Interest in this or if a different day would suit.

Donagh

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:04 am

I would be interested and normally a Friday evening would suit.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:22 am

friday would be spot on as long as it is around 7ish in the evening

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:44 pm

I'd suggest Friday the 6th of October. Fishing on the ebb I'd suggest carrig west or as a back up Glin. I'll see if I can stir up more interest.

Donagh

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:18 pm

Just looking at my tide book. There is a pretty big tide on the 6th for Carrig West. Would this Friday or Friday the 13th be a possibility as tides more suitable.

A meet up like this is a good idea. Once a month and maybe a couple of meets over the christmas period to burn off all those extra calories.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi John,

The tides that evening are fairly strong. Carrig west would be unfishable on the flood for about 2 hours but I heard it doesn't run as bad on the ebb. I haven't fished it on a spring ebb so I couldn't say for sure. I can't make it the other fridays but after that I'll be more flexible.

How about Glin for this meet. Tides won't be to strong on the ebb here, there is the odd patch of clean ground I think I can point anyone who wants to avoid loosing a ton of lead and there would be the possibility of good huss on a night tide as well as the usual species.

We can try a different mark for each session from then on.

Donagh

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:44 pm

ok here it goes:
1. not fising fri 13th too superstituous!
2.if we are fishing glin i have my own spot for clean ground so if someone takes it may god help them!!!(joke)
3. if we are trying a new spot each time we met up kilteery shore is definately second.

ok rant over.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:08 pm

Ok we'll say Glin layby at 7:30 pm on Friday the 6th of october. Bigkev and a new forum member tm. said they couldn't make it but they'd try and make it next time. I'll presume Gearoid, Sean and Myself are going anyway. All welcome but let me know if your coming so I can cancel if theres a huricane and if I don't have your number send it on.

We can work out the date and where we'll fish next month there.

Donagh

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 am

Hi Donagh

Glin would suit me on Friday 6th, but you will have to point out that clean ground for me. I know when efsa fished it last year they started left of the layby and pegged it towards Glin. It seemed fairly clean.

I have not fished it before so I will need guidance on any clean ground. It may be no harm to put up a post saying something like this " MEET : GLIN , FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 7.30PM" . It might get a few more people interested if they is a definite time and place.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:14 am

Hi John,

Thats the clean section I was thinking of but you'd want to walk about 50 yards down from the Glin entrance. I normally fish the snaggier stuff as I've more confidence in it but I've seen fellas fish there and I've heard fella fishing right down to where the sticks are. I've been pming and emailing anyone I know is on our side of the estuary but i'll put that subject up.

Donagh

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:19 pm

Ill come along and try and get a few more to join me we should have a good evening fishing with plenty of baits in the water and you never know what we might catch it should be a good laugh too....................

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:11 am

The more the merrier as I am sure Glin wont let us down. There might even be a few more big dogs out there to be caught. 8)

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:25 am

Weather is to break Friday evening with the winds easing so hopefully the weather forecast will be right. We'll set up in glin and if the weather is to much after a couple of hours we can switch to the trailer park in Foynes for low water conger.

See you at 7:30pm Friday at the glin layby.

Donagh