saying good bye

Sat May 27, 2006 10:26 pm

I'm giving up fishing lads and i just wanted to say good bye i was hoping that fishing was free from religion and politics but i guess i was wrong any way i hope that you all catch lots of fish and good bye

Sat May 27, 2006 11:01 pm

Eh? Wot? I don't think fishing has anything to do with religion or politics. Unless you want to to try and catch the Rev. Ian Paisley. :lol: (I couldn't think of any other clergyman who holds a political office)

Seriously, where are you coming from on this? This forum is decidedly apolitical and non-sectarian, so I'm hoping nothing on here has offended you.

Sun May 28, 2006 10:19 am

As this is in the Clubs, Meets, Competitions, Buddys & Seats section of the forum I`m guessing something has happened on a meet.If this is the case i find it a bit extreme to give up fishing over the head of some individual /s that cant keep their views to themselves.I must say in the times i`ve met up with people from this forum i`ve never come across anyone that made me feel uncomfortable or spoke about religion. I don't know what religion they are and frankly i don't care.
I`m there for the fishing and if i was getting hassle from someone i would just avoid meeting up with them i wouldn`t stop fishing.
So Merv don't give it up just be more selective of the company you keep.I don`t go out a lot (compared to Drew)but your more than welcome to give me a shout anytime you would like to give North Down a try.

Hope you change your mind
Jonny

Sun May 28, 2006 10:36 pm

Merv I agree with Jonny, don't stop because of some idiots can't get out of the 70's.
This is the 21st century and alot of anglers don't give a rats ass about which foot anyone kicks with, they are there to enjoy the noble sport called FISHING.

Sun May 28, 2006 11:03 pm

We're non Politically segregated Muppets who spend all our time Fishing. :lol:

PM / email

Mon May 29, 2006 10:46 am

Merv

I am extremely disappointed with this... you have a private message (PM) / email. Can you please respond - many thanks...

Mon May 29, 2006 11:38 am

I`ve been a bit drunk off about this over the weekend and would be keen if kieran or Merv could keep us up to date with the progress.

Mon May 29, 2006 6:41 pm

whats the story here merv?
no time for any of that nonsense in fishing.
as the others say,
come on, keep the fishing going and your contributions to the forums.

Mon May 29, 2006 6:52 pm

Very disappointed to hear that Merv, being a non denominational englishman who grew up in Donegal and has since lived around the country, unfortunately you do come across this crap from time to time in other walks of life but never between fishermen.....Its 2006 and silly though it is there are enough smallminded fools willing to continue to fuel hatred and prejudice for future generations but I have never come across it between anglers. Sorry to hear about that again, in one ear and out the other and dont stoop to their level by responding in kind, there is no talking to these backward thinking fools.

Mon May 29, 2006 7:25 pm

hi been trying to msn to him tonight and got no answer

Please Merv

Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Hello Merv,

I don't know you but I do know that you should not give up fishing. I obviously don't know what happened with you either but please try not to let it bother you. Rise above it my friend.

John D

Tue May 30, 2006 9:48 am

Merv147, You can see by the replies you have received about your post that us, (real anglers) want you to carry on with a sport that is both social and fun. What else would we all do on an evening?
I'm with all the guys here in saying that if you want a days fishing your more than welcome to give and I'm sure all the guys say the same any of us a PM and we would be more than happy to take you out for a bit of CRAIC, the way fishing is supposed to be. :lol:

I must admit I'm disappointed to hear that those sorts of people are in the process of spoiling a decent guys hobby. :evil:

Merv, please don't give up, rise above it and enjoy. 8)

Steve

Tue May 30, 2006 1:06 pm

Merv,

I am disgusted reading this, there are some real a**holes about this place.

Please do not give up fishing because of some mindless tw*t.

I am going out Friday night if you want to team up - PM me.

Jude

Tue May 30, 2006 3:35 pm

Merv dont give up and come to the meet with us in cushendunn 9th june

Tue May 30, 2006 7:56 pm

I think the next meet should be on Merv's patch. Watch this space.

Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Be'ng traveling up north for years and meeting the lads when they travel down. Never ask anyone who's who and could'nt care less. Merv147 get back fishing. Give me a PM if your ever traveling down deep south and I'll put you on some good fishing.

2006 species to date
bass, coalfish, cod, conger, dab, dogfish, flounder, red gurnard, grey gurnard, haddock, herring, ling, mackerel, plaice, poor cod, pollack. pouting, blonde ray, whiting, ballan wrasse, cockwing wrasse, cuckoo wrasse. and still counting

Re: saying good bye

Tue May 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Hi Merv147.
I hope you get back to us with a more detailed reason for your post. :?
I can see by your past posts that it is not a joke.
One of my past girlfriends asked me what i was :?: Prod' or cath' - I told her that i was an Atheist. Her mum asked me, are you a prod' or cath' Atheist, Cus there is no such thing :x
SAD BITCH :twisted:
Not meaning to get into religion or politics. Cus who gives a XXXX :lol:

Tue May 30, 2006 9:01 pm

Right to let every one no the truth for about the past month to 6 weeks I have been fishing with biglaim we had been out about 3 times fishing. And to tell the truth I got on well with him. The other guy I fished with before who I went fishing with a lot maybe 3-4 days a week I will not say his name but I was fishing with him for maybe 2-3 months then I was told that he was a drug dealer buy a guy I asked him and he told me that he dos some drug dealing so I fished the rest of the day and went home the next day he called me and I told him I was not going fishing with him any more. I am not in to drugs and it wrecks people’s lives and I want nothing to do with him. Then it was another 2 months till Liam got his new car and I went out fishing with him and we started fishing like at the top last week Liam and his friend went out fishing and some one told him to stop fishing with me or they will put his windows in ok now it was either the drug dealer or the guy that told me I know that he is in the paramitrlays what ones I don’t know but I hate this s*** i want it to stop I want to live my life in peace if I get a chance and fish were and when I want to

Tue May 30, 2006 9:17 pm

Welcome back Merv. I'll catch you on messenger later...

Tue May 30, 2006 9:27 pm

now i want to ensure every one that is on the forum or that goes fishing that i want nothing to do with hoods the way i got to meet them was the man that was going to be my bro in law we went fishing and thats how i meet them and im sorry i ever did cus its relay been nothing but trouble i what to meet some guys who are like me love fishing :D