northern meet for pollock.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 pm

who`s up for a long hard walk/climb to antrim coast rock mark for pollock and poss big dogs and huss? the main species will be pollock to 6lb+.
its advised to travel fairly light bass rod,carp/pike rod with decent sized reel loaded with 18-30lb line will do for pollock,heavy beach rod and reel loaded with 25-30lb and 80lb shock leader will do for other stuff.lead heads,shads,sandeels etc for pollock,sandeels work best either on lead head or short flowing trace.put your name down if your up for it and space at the mark isn`t a problem.i`ll check tides and see when is best,im sure ronald has already checked :lol:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 pm

i'm up for some of that - date / time permitting.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:05 pm

Count me in if I can blag a lift. 8)

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:28 pm

K2 Xtreme wrote:Count me in if I can blag a lift. 8)

Love pollack fishing count me in...when?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:24 pm

count me in too...thats if i can also get a lift :?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:23 pm

just how long and hard are we talkin here davy??? :? :lol:

meet

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:22 pm

Were are you thinking mate what big rock.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:24 am

BigPhil wrote:just how long and hard are we talkin here davy??? :? :lol:

I recon its about a mile,maybe just under.most of it is downhill then you have to clamber over some nice big rocks,most of which are about the size of a small house :shock: :lol:
I`ll reveal the mark soon,and i`ve got a couple of backup marks incase of crap weather,they are into about 100 foot of water too.im sure you know where it is anyway phil :wink: :D

I was thinking of march 26th,it has the safest tides.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 pm

think i know where you are on about davy, maybe best not to reveal the mark but to let those who are for going know where to be by private message.have a feeling there is a club comp that day so might not be able to make it myself but ill let you know nearer the time.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:08 pm

BigPhil wrote:think i know where you are on about davy, maybe best not to reveal the mark but to let those who are for going know where to be by private message.have a feeling there is a club comp that day so might not be able to make it myself but ill let you know nearer the time.

is there a date yett :?: :?:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:13 pm

in the last post of kiss my wrasse he suggested march 26 hc.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:44 pm

as phil says its best not to reveal this mark to the world as it might upset a few locals etc and also it can be very dangerous at times,and i dont want it to be my fault if one of you plonkers :wink: :lol: have to get airlifted home cos thats the only way out if you break a leg :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: p.s. im not joking about being airlifted

hope you can make it phil should be an interesting day if we get the weather right :)

anyone going PM me and i`ll let you know the details

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Is it as accesable as the back of Bangor pier? :lol:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:59 pm

i`ll put it this way,there are boulders bigger than your whole pier :wink: :lol: not joking :shock:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:02 pm

But I have enough trouble getting to the End of MY pier! :( .....

:lol:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:17 pm

can someone pm me where we are going as i have not got a CLUE??????

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 pm

count me in lads,nice one , no problem for a lift jonny if your still needing one,gives us a shout when and where kmwrasse.
rab

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:24 pm

im still up for...whats the venue???? a lift would be great rab :)

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Sounds like plenty of interest in this one ,just be aware that if your not great at scrambling over rocks this might not be the place for you ! also it's pretty hard on tackle losses even when lead-heading for the pollack ,i'll try and post a couple of photos in my personal gallery of the mark to give people an idea of what it's like ,dont really want to name it ,but anyone interested pm myself or kissmywrasse.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:00 pm

if everyone whos contacted me about this meet actually goes then this might just be the biggest meet to date :D

so far we have
ME(KISSMYWRASSE aka DAVY)
RONALD
JONNY GILBERT
HAIRYCONGER
JGF
RAB525
H ROCKS
POOKIE
K2(if he thinks he`ll be up to the hike :wink: :lol: )
BIGPHIL(maybe)
BEACHCASTER(theres a pm on its way to you with details)
and i`ve still to hear from a few others BOOGALOO,LEE etc.we could end up with about 15 people going :D

anyone who still needs info pm me and i`ll let you know :wink: