the north boys meet for feb anyone up for it????????????????

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 am

Hi all enjoyed meeting and learning some tips on rigs and kit.

Anyone any ideas i know feb slow but craic good.

Me,costa,dave free the 17,18 and 19th.

place... more members suited to this so pick i will be there.

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:35 am

Yeah, If I can Blag a lift up with someone I'll attend... Need something to break the Monotony...

Maybe Cushendun again? Liked that wee spot... 8)

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:07 pm

God help anyone picking a venue if it doesnt produce

Andy

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:36 pm

Ack sure its all for the craic mate..

meet

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm

K2 i will sort you for a lift mate.

Lol.. boogaloo it was bad other night. Beside seeing my firt northern ireland Bass be it all off 1lb fish were poor. I dont have a knowledge built up on times of year and marks so thats my get out clause.

I will leave it to others. please see if dates suit anyone and get back to us.

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:38 pm

The 17th or 18th would suit me. Working Sunday night so that would be a no no.

As for venues, anybody got an ideas? Going to be a nightmare picking somewhere. Imagine if everyone knows that the fishing is going to be slow and just meet up for the craic - should still be good.

SO NO COMPLAINTS IF THE FISHING IS POOR :x :x :lol:

Lee

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:01 pm

somewhere with deep water or even whitehead between the sailing club and rangers club good chance of big rockling, coalies and cod

meet

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:04 pm

good to see people still game. i offer the 17th as a date to fish again mark up to others.

how does the 17th sound then

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:21 pm

think im away in scotland that weekend so i cant make any date so work away lads!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:24 am

BigPhil wrote:think im away in scotland that weekend so i cant make any date so work away lads!

wat bout eaststrand in wat you call it...oh yea portrush

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:29 am

might be a wee bit late for it, although good catches came off it saturday night past. pity they didnt come so good on friday night though, its worth trying somewhere different for the meets everytime if possible i think anyway.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:55 am

Yea, was chatting away to that aul sea dog Stuarty Langridge and he said that this time last year the East Strand was fishing really well.

Am sure that we all appreciate the fact that fishing in this country can be somewhat patchy. Besides, I enjoyed myself and from the sounds of things the majority of the people at the meet thought it was good, even if we didn't catch too many fish ( would have been nice though ) 8)

As I see it the next venue is going to have to be somewhere with deepish water so we have a better chance of a few fish, but imagine it could be tough enough.

How about this for an idea, we pick say 3 or 4 venues and run them as a poll. Seems the fairest way to pick a venue so that everyone is happy.

Lee

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:20 am

First im old now im a dog what next lee :twisted: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:25 am

:lol: :lol:

meet

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:27 am

With limited knowledge what about the blue pools 1 rod each big long strech of rocks there.

Or balintoy can get a few rods up top and a few on the lower part.

only deep water marks i have fished

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:53 pm

im up for the blue pool could try a bit of conger fishin

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:02 pm

if the numbers arent too high , ballycastle breakwater could be worth a try. proper deep water!

meet

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm

that suits me never fished it. whats norm at ballycastle and it that the old ferry terminal you are talking about

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm

thats the one,never actually fished it before i dont think.... :? :roll: bad memory!!
i have fished from the smaller harbour wall that runs out from the beach end and it produces fish this time of year.just cast towards the end of the big pier, actually just right of it, there seems to be good deep water their, cos of the ferry etc have taken dogs and codling here in winter and good flats in summer - just walk along it as far as you can till the concrete stops and fish seaward!
i have heard its mainly dogs whiting coalies, pollack and flats from the big one.
yes, i mean the biggest breakwater with the 3 round platforms at the end, these will only hold a few anglers though so thats why i only suggestted it if numbers are low.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:02 pm

OK, so how many people are likely to turn up?

Anybody got a rough estimate so venues cand be narrowed down?

I would be up for it, who else?

Lee