Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:42 pm

Any chance of getting Billy (shovelhands) Russell over from Scotland he told me b4 he would come and give us a lesson.

learning to let fly

Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:51 am

yepp , count me in , sounds like a great idea !

bs

Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:29 am

depends on what shift big billy is working he is a week on and a wek of i know he was of this week,see what the crack is.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:49 am

what time of year are you thinkin about to get it up and off the ground??

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:25 am

Yeah right enough... Are we going to be Freezing our Nads off? :shock:

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:29 pm

i hope start of february when there is very little fishing,am hopeing to start with 10-12 people who are really interested and go from there.what happens after that will be up to those present but i would like to see it continue and go from strength to streangth as the scots lads have issued a challange to us.well see how it goes,the main thing is not to take it to serious it,s a fun day out.

Casting in the North

Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:43 pm

Remember what country you're in. Lets face it, is there really much difference in the weather between February and any other time of the year. If we waited for better weather you wouldn't turn up as you'd all be away fishing instead. Forget about the weather, it's the support that counts. If Beachcaster is prepared to take this on, on our behalf then the least we can do is support him. You never know, you migh even enjoy yourselves!

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:21 pm

beachcaster wrote: the scots lads have issued a challange to us.

this sounds good lads!!

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:37 pm

m.b3 wrote:
beachcaster wrote: the scots lads have issued a challange to us.

this sounds good lads!!

:shock: Does it...?
I'm scared to show up with my floppy continental stick now..

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:55 pm

If I had a floopy continental stick I wouldn,t leave the house. :cry: :cry:

Casting in the North

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Don't worry K2. Learning to cast takes time and lots of practice. The Scottish lads can wait for their challenge. They have been at it for a number of years now but we're only just starting (again!)

We are lucky that at least we have a few excellent casters in this country that have already gone through it all before and with Beachcasters help will maybe show us how to do it properly. Then and only then will we be able to accept the challenge from the Scottish lads.

Lets just worry about learning to cast in the first place. Ummh - Have you tried stroking it? That might stiffen it a little - ha! Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:27 pm

i will be haveing a chat to the guys at the meet on the 27 and will post date for casting asap after that.

casting

Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:58 pm

right lads the date is the 5th of february at downhill for 12 noon,please bring your gear and leads with you.if the date dosenot suit dont worry as i am hopeing to hold more.so when you read this can you say weather it suits you and you WILL BE THERE.!!!!it,s so i have a good idea of how many and who is going to show up.cheers john

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 pm

wont make it that day, the ulster bass sac open competition is on for the percy fleming memorial trophy, i couldnt miss it. maybe next time.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:14 pm

Should be good for that

Pete

Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:31 pm

I'll be there John ...... pm me for taxi :)

Andy

Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:15 pm

sorry cant make it as its my w/end on in work, sat,, sun + mon. have a good one lads + hopefully next one i'll be off.
rab

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:18 pm

i'll be there................

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:33 pm

right lads be there for about 12 noon so we can get started sharp.

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:31 am

Ok....

So Far I'm Seeing,

K2 Xtreme
Simpo
Beachcaster
Boogaloo

Who else?