getting a seat on a boat out of Cork harbour mid week

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Starting this thread for Cork based fishermen (and women) and Cork harbour boat owners.

Ok there are plenty of people wanting to go out on a boat fishing and don't know enough people to get a trip together.

Good number of boats moored up too wanting hire's.

So lets set up a little match making :)

First lets say for example

April and May weekdays and weekends and seat price to €40 weekdays €50 weekends

yes I know thats low but if your not working it is a lot. Taking out 8 people for €320 has to be better than €0 sat moored.

Once there is a number of us and an interested boat or 2 we can put together some trips
but I want to start with registering interest.

each fisherman should specify one or two months at a time in advance.

When they can fish some of us are very flexible others might only be able to manage weekends.

Price this is particularly important , saying a realistic price saves wasting time I couldn't justify €75 for a days fishing I ain't got it but I can go off peak days.

Ok so lets see who is interested and get some trips together.

I'm looking for a seat

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:01 pm

April and May weekdays and weekends and seat price to €40 weekdays €50 weekends.

(if this works out other ports can do something similar)

Re: getting a seat on a boat out of Cork harbour mid week

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Seems like a very good idea man..Unfortunately im stuck up here in Donegal! Hope it works out for ya. Gudluck

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

McGett wrote:Seems like a very good idea man..Unfortunately im stuck up here in Donegal! Hope it works out for ya. Gudluck

Well no reason it couldn't work for Donegal I reckon theres plenty of Fishermen wanting to get out.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

im up for it.
can probably bring one or two others too, just usually not a full boat load...

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

You could fish our light line comp on 25th April. You'll get out on a charter boat, and fish a comp, all for only €40. Now that has to be good value :D .

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I'd support that, often scratching my head about who I could get out with in Cork area. My father-in-law by extension would be a taker, he'd be happy pulling in macks.

When it comes to the long evening I'd be quite content to pay E40 to go out for 3 or 4 hours in the evening, in fact some times it would be my preference. I'll keep an eye out for more developments

Pat wrote:You could fish our light line comp on 25th April. You'll get out on a charter boat, and fish a comp, all for only €40. Now that has to be good value :D .

Hello Pat, where could I find out more about your comp, but I guess I'd need some new gear, my boat rod is 30lb class, and reel with braid to match :?:

Blackie

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 am

Hi Blackie,

You may not have seen the recent reports I put up. Here are a few links for you to have a look at:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25759

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25508

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25961

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26723

The next comp is on Sun 25th April and with entry at €40 you'd have to agree its great value :D .

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks Pat,
It looks very good for sure. Obviously need to get the light line set-up ready.

Blackie