Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 pm

what the standard size of the flatties you guys get up there? what rigs? standard stuff or do yee have a few tricks?!! what rods do yee use for conger?!! thanks for your time lads.

Mon May 30, 2005 1:51 pm

i us either a 30lb class boat rod with an old mitchell 624 and 80lb line from the pier or else a greys mercury beachcaster from the rocks straight through 30lb line on either penn mag or diawa SL30 .
As for the flatties ,no fancy rigs or tricks ,either two or three hook flapper rig onto size 2 aberdeen with a few beads or sequins on the snoods baited up with lug or rag and tipped of with thin sliver of mackerel or squid ,dont forget to take the skin of the squid as this makes sure that both sides are nice and white . fish a plain lead as much as possible and leave a bit of slack line so the fish dont feel any resistance when they take the bait . use a fine wire hook to ease unhooking .

meet

Mon May 30, 2005 1:56 pm

Ok 6ish it is were is the head how do you get there.

Mon May 30, 2005 2:11 pm

Ronald wrote:i us either a 30lb class boat rod with an old mitchell 624 and 80lb line from the pier or else a greys mercury beachcaster from the rocks straight through 30lb line on either penn mag or diawa SL30 .
As for the flatties ,no fancy rigs or tricks ,either two or three hook flapper rig onto size 2 aberdeen with a few beads or sequins on the snoods baited up with lug or rag and tipped of with thin sliver of mackerel or squid ,dont forget to take the skin of the squid as this makes sure that both sides are nice and white . fish a plain lead as much as possible and leave a bit of slack line so the fish dont feel any resistance when they take the bait . use a fine wire hook to ease unhooking .

Listen to him, he almost sounds like he's a Pro!!

Mon May 30, 2005 2:37 pm

Oooooooooooo , almost sounds like the last one in the village is annoyed cos he cant catch a conger :lol: :lol:
ps. ramore head is behind portrush harbour . you can park in landsdown car park and walk around coast path beside kids play area ,head out to end of head and climb down rocks ,fishing towards skerries islands is all rough ground ,conger,bull huss ,wrasse etc. fish other side is onto sand and deep water 40-50 yrds out still conger and wrasse in close ,can be snaggy though as you have to get gear over underwater ledge but most of time its ok .

Mon May 30, 2005 4:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:Oooooooooooo , almost sounds like the last one in the village is annoyed cos he cant catch a conger :lol: :lol:
ps. ramore head is behind portrush harbour . you can park in landsdown car park and walk around coast path beside kids play area ,head out to end of head and climb down rocks ,fishing towards skerries islands is all rough ground ,conger,bull huss ,wrasse etc. fish other side is onto sand and deep water 40-50 yrds out still conger and wrasse in close ,can be snaggy though as you have to get gear over underwater ledge but most of time its ok .

Right, Who's guesting it? This is a local shop for local ppl!

pookie

Tue May 31, 2005 7:44 am

Boogaloo you offered to transport a forum member to the meet if you still can k2 has contacted me and asked if a lift free. He is a keen and good angler but stuck for transport at the moment could you contact him and see if he can meet you and take up kind offer of a lift. Thank you

If not suitable please contact me k2.

Tue May 31, 2005 9:18 am

No probs

b0ogaloo

meet

Tue May 31, 2005 10:13 am

cheers mate.

meet

Tue May 31, 2005 11:31 am

Lads iam sorry but my wife has the car that day and my lift is unable to go know. I hope we can do it for july then.

Will you all post for me so i know how it goes good luck

looks like i will be fishing the dee instead sorry

Re: meet

Tue May 31, 2005 12:40 pm

pookie wrote:Lads iam sorry but my wife has the car that day and my lift is unable to go know. I hope we can do it for july then.

Will you all post for me so i know how it goes good luck

looks like i will be fishing the dee instead sorry

Yayyyyyy, When we going Pookmeister??? :lol: :lol:

Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 pm

Well if you dont mind squeezing into the middle seat of a landrover or lying in the back of one i'll lift you too .. not a problem

b0ogaloo

meet

Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 pm

I may have a it solved wife going to get lift to work so my car be free.

If not i may just take you up on that offer.

Have you contacted k2 has he replied

Tue May 31, 2005 3:31 pm

I've pm'd him no reply as yet

b0ogaloo

Tue May 31, 2005 6:31 pm

RIGHT LADS.

Portrush, Friday 10th, is out for me, Too much hastle getting up and down, I understand that Boo couple gis a lift, But then there's getting home from North Belfast after that, and I wouldnt ask the man to Drive the whole way down to Millisle, I'd say, if its nice, I'll be going to Donaghadee that Friday instead.

Tue May 31, 2005 10:14 pm

Either my PM's are'nt working or im doing somthing wrong

Right

I will collect K2 and or Pookie and leave them home again
I'm off all day on Friday so it isnt a problem
Millise is 20 mins away no big deal

b0ogaloo

Tue May 31, 2005 10:36 pm

Mate, Didnt receive any PMs from ya :shock: :shock: :shock:
Anyway, I'm not going to bother mate, Sticking to the Dee...

pookie

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:16 am

Sorry but i am out. Bo and ron contact each other and still go to ramore head let me know how it is.

I will re post for on in early july if anyone free

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:46 am

Do'nt think i'll bother either. Think i'll take a long weekend up in Donegal instead.

b0ogaloo

next meet

Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:20 am

good luck have a good one. hope we all can sort a meet soon