June meet for north anglers.

Mon May 23, 2005 11:12 am

As end of may was a wash out weather wise only 5 of us got out this time.
And ron was in norway after cod and k2 in bar after pint.

I hope you all can arrange a meet for end of june as always leave ideas of were and when and we will pick from list.

As always 2 names there already my own and costa.

Come on lads i still need tips and advice come out.

meet

Mon May 23, 2005 11:16 am

Iam free 10th 11th 12th of june and mabye a few around the 22nd.

My first choice would be 10th so anyone free let us know.

As to were well i leave that to someone else.

Mon May 23, 2005 11:35 am

Ok, Anyone for Donaghadee on Sunday, Weather Permitting?

meet

Mon May 23, 2005 11:46 am

working mate loved to have.

got to get out this meet got sea trout other nite a first for us.

Mon May 23, 2005 11:49 am

Any weekend n June suits me fine
If anyone needs a lift pm me ...I only got one spare seat ( 2 seater landrover)
Look forward to meeting everyone

b0ogaloo

Mon May 23, 2005 1:06 pm

working this weekend myself but hopefully free the rest of the month , the back of bangor pier is starting to fish now wrasse ,coalies etc. showing in good numbers, loads of room for people to fish .
Ramore head in portrush could be another option plenty of flatties being caught and the chance of good wrasse and conger .
ps. getting withdrawl symptoms from norway already ,might stick a post in boat reports but it's not really relevant to ireland :lol: would that be ok kieran ?

boogoloo

Tue May 24, 2005 10:09 am

Were do you come from boogoloo as to help on the transport bit thank you. Iam sure you close to someone.

Tue May 24, 2005 11:36 am

R.Surgenor wrote: ps. getting withdrawl symptoms from norway already ,might stick a post in boat reports but it's not really relevant to ireland :lol: would that be ok kieran ?

RONALD! POST, WITH PICTURES! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Wed May 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Bottom of Fortwilliam Park M8
Dont mind driving to collect someone... could possibly fit two in, the middle seat aint that big though .... got a big roofrack for any gear

b0ogaloo

transport

Thu May 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Thats great stuff mate will sort were and when shortly. And then the transport.

Can you leave a mark of your choice and then we can all chat over it an sort times out

cheers.

Thu May 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Don't really mind , though would prefer clean ground mark . lost enough gear at layd church last weekend, Im working up in Derry tommorrow , when i get done I'm going to head to Castlerock or Downhill. The high tides at 10.45 so should get a couple of hours in either side. I'll post a report when i get home .

b0ogaloo

ra head

Thu May 26, 2005 8:40 pm

Ron whats the ground like at ra head portrush is there space for a few rods.

RAMORE HEAD

Fri May 27, 2005 2:15 pm

Ramore head tends to be mixed ,in close is thick kelp then it drops of into deep water on a sandy bottom ,best to fish on smallish tides cos theres a strong tide running by the place ,loads of room but you have to be pretty sure footed ,the rock can become very greasy when it rains , if its to rough to fish the head you can move to either blue pool or fish of the harbour wall in portrush .
Mate fished ramore a couple of weeks ago and had loads of dab and wrasse ,he never tried for conger but its a brillant spot in the evening for them .
Any ideas on dates yet ,think i'll be up that direction over weekend of the 10th june ,might be able to head down for a few hours .

meet

Fri May 27, 2005 3:52 pm

I was hoping for the fri i think is the 10th. How does this mark and that date suit others.

I would need directions and someone to pic tide and time of day then.
Please reply soon so we can sort transport and stuff.

Fri May 27, 2005 4:49 pm

Suits me...also need directions

b0ogaloo

meet

Fri May 27, 2005 5:32 pm

Thats me, costa, boo.

Ron you ok for it then portrush 10th fri time to be arranged and transport.
What about you k2 let me know so we can sort transport for you.

Come on mag and the rest are you up for it.

Fri May 27, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi lads,
Good place for a meet,but unfortunately i won't be available for a while. :(
Good luck and look forward to reading your reports.

meet

Sat May 28, 2005 2:28 pm

Shaun of the dead ...at last new i would get it funny ass film prefare dawn of the dead not so funny but great show.

Sat May 28, 2005 2:47 pm

:D

Mon May 30, 2005 12:49 pm

Sounds like it could be the 10th of june then. i will be in portrush for the weekend with the missus anyway ,i'm in the process of teaching her to fish so she'll be coming along as well :lol:
Should be ok from about six o'clock onwards myself ,what about everyone else ? the pier is meant to producing a few fish at the moment so at least if the weather bad we can fish there .
Ramore head is probabley my first choice though , more chance of a half decent conger ,plus you can cast out onto sand for the flatties .
blue pool is another option and its handy enough to find ,you just follow the one way system around the town and as you pass the tackle shop ( flyin tackle ) take the next road on the left beside the church and left again ,park beside the grassy area and fish of the rocks dirrectly below , loads of room , and again a good spot for conger and flatties on the sand .