53%
no
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: Galway Meet..(fishing, and slagging session pt4) open to all

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:40 pm

still open for venue..

glassilaun
lettergest!! (no where to camp though with the tide thats in it)
Gurteen
dogs bay

or could go all out and fish a rock mark but there would be no way to put up beach buddies or tents for shelter

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:03 am

doggie3131 wrote:white strand louisburgh would be good,good beach for flatties and a deep water rock mark for ray and huss,pollock and wrasse here,and loads of room to camp!

maybe this is the way to go! all one venue - no prob for drinking a few with not having to move!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am

is white strand the beach to the south west of louisburgh facing directly west - below roonagh quay?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:42 am

Not too familiar with venues out west so I'll leave that side of things to the experts, once there is enough room for all the anglers, tents and beer and a chance of some decent fish, thats all I'd be concerned about :P

Should defo be up for it whatever the date, subject to arranging any incoming work around it. I'll confirm my attendance for sure a few weeks beforehand.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Will try to make it over, but may not be in Ireland that weekend

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Frank
Yes white strand is to the south west of louisburgh:

But is a good bit below rooney pier.
See below link to Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.66945 ... &t=h&hl=en

Fished this once last year (Mid Dec) for 4 hours and has a nice flounder and a schoolie.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 pm

on the OS map it has the beach further north as white strand

it funny how the names used by locals are so different to whats down on the OS maps

thanks for that mick

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:05 pm

All
Just a note on Safety to be considered if considering White Strand. Keep clear of the area of sand between the Rock formation and the River as there may be soft sand there, that is saturated from the river. It may not always be like this but I have experianced it on my way back to the carpark. Better to keep clear of it..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 pm

now lads, going to keep this Galway side, with the target fish being ray..

galssilaun, renville (beach or stone beach) or gurteen

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Which is the beach right by little killary, Glassilaun or Gurteen?

I've always fancied fishing there, and it looks perfect to get a few tents up around the area aswell, for those of us hardy enough to camp :P

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm

thats Glassilaun

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Why don't ye all fish Slopers cliff up until the light is going which will be around 22:30 that weekend there's enough room for you all Ray, Conger, Huss, Dogs, Dabs, Pollack, Mackerel, Garfish and Wrasse.... then continue West on the Lower Sky Road until you come to Eyrephort there is parking available there and you'll have room to camp it's a beach that wraps around a point fishing facing InishTurk and Turbot Island fishing for flounder turbot dogs huss ray etc..... just my two cents decide amongst yourselves maybe put the choices on a poll :wink:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 pm

saltydog wrote:Why don't ye all fish Slopers cliff up until the light is going which will be around 22:30 that weekend there's enough room for you all Ray, Conger, Huss, Dogs, Dabs, Pollack, Mackerel, Garfish and Wrasse.... then continue West on the Lower Sky Road until you come to Eyrephort there is parking available there and you'll have room to camp it's a beach that wraps around a point fishing facing InishTurk and Turbot Island fishing for flounder turbot dogs huss ray etc..... just my two cents decide amongst yourselves maybe put the choices on a poll :wink:
plenty of camping and parking at eyrephort and not many houses to near if ye get too loud with the beer also you can get gurnard from the shore at eyrephort

Knock Point in mannin bay might be worth considering as well
ray, bullhuss, dogfish, dabs, plaice,flounder,turbot and tope have been caught there
clifden.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 pm

This is clashing with the west coast league comp in ballyreen so we won't make this one

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:11 pm

doggie3131 wrote:This is clashing with the west coast league comp in ballyreen so we won't make this one

forgot about that, wont make it either then unfortunatly

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:26 pm

steve will change the date for ye lads

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:50 pm

nige wrote:steve will change the date for ye lads
your right there, new dates will be listed when i get home, too busy catchin fish at the moment in wexford.. :-)

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:08 pm

new poll up..

date set is July 3rd - 4th,

checked against the IFSA diary and there are no shore comps on that weekend around the country..
venue still to be decided against numbers showing up, but Glassilaun and Gurteen would suite best, and due to time of year Gurteen will probably be better due to tourists, swimmers etc etc
Code:
Clifden Bay

Saturday 2010-07-03   
   Low Tide:   4:00 GMTDT   1.2
  High Tide:  10:22 GMTDT   3.5
   Low Tide:  16:19 GMTDT   1.2
  High Tide:  22:47 GMTDT   3.4

Sunday 2010-07-04   Last Quarter Moon
   Low Tide:   4:44 GMTDT   1.3
  High Tide:  11:08 GMTDT   3.3
   Low Tide:  17:07 GMTDT   1.3
  High Tide:  23:35 GMTDT   3.3

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

The Home Nations Shore Comp is on that weekend ;)

SAI have a Wreck Fishing trip that weekend too...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 pm

wont be able to make that steve, as conor said home nations that weekend!