types of competition

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi all

Just wondering what people thought of the idea of a competition where only lure fishing was allowed, i.e. spinning or fly fishing. Not a serious competition, maybe a friendly open later in the year. Clearly it would be based on or around a series of rock marks but I thought it might be interesting to let people rove over a given area and see what happens...

What are your thoughts....

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:41 pm

Yes-
Have it as a lure competition-both fly and spinners..

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:15 pm

sounds like a good idea. a lot of fun too if the weathers good!

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:45 pm

Sounds a great idea - I'll do my best to be there!

Tim

Ps That spell check works well underneath this box - is that new?

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:10 pm

Definitely up for that !!

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:18 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Never tried the fly in saltwater but would love to give it a lash.

Donal.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:41 pm

Super idea mate. I'm looking forward to that one already.

Kevin

lure competition

Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Hi

Okay - some clear interest, was thinking of a pairs roving competition, one measuring tape between two people, points per species and centimetre, lifejackets must be worn by competitors (!), anything else we might consider?

In terms of venues there are plenty of rock marks we could look at, but I was thinking of the boulder causeway north of streedagh in Sligo as one option. If you are willing to go the extra two hours, I have some marks in Achill and now thanks to Sean Lavelle spectacular ones on Belmullet...

RSVP

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:21 pm

Kieran,
this is a definite for me ! Sounds class. I've never heard of lure fishing comp before, and think it's a great idea.

Sligo is closest for me, but for better fishing, with enough notice I'm game for anywhere.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:22 pm

Kieran,
Agree with Hot Rocks, sounds like a fun day, be up for that.

Pete