Re: seats available, specimen whitefish hunt, 11/9 Crosshaven

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Tommy, this was meant to be as an alternative to the cancelled trip :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah I know - still - the speed of the boat is just terrible. In my opinion at least.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:24 pm

i could do galway with kevin i had some good fishing the last time i was out with him (pollock dogs spur's wrasse ect )

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm

ok, Galway booking by martin is the alternative venue using this thread. I wont make that one.
I'll start a new thread to try again on the wrecks off Cork with Colin Barnes, still
want a specimen cod!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23531

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Tomaszek wrote:Yeah I know - still - the speed of the boat is just terrible. In my opinion at least.

Not sure what you mean, 450hp is plenty of power and a cruising speed of 15 knots its all what's required
to get us from Spiddal Pier to the the Aran Islands in 40 minutes.
A great feature there is the St Georges Sund which provides a tunnel effect between the Islands, with a nice constant currant, always good for pollock and coalies and reachable within an hour.
Unless you want to go waterskiing instead Tommy, then you're right, the boat is far too slow for that :P :lol: :wink:

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Martin, the guy was doing 6 to 9 knots when we were out, last year.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Maybe Kevin spotted a few green faces and wasn't too keen having to rid his boat from all the "groundbait" so he took it nice and easy :lol: :lol: :wink:

However, anyone who is up for a whitefish trip this Friday from Spiddal direction Connemara and Aran Islands please post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23534
3 places are already booked, so there will be room for 5 more.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:34 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am

jw wrote: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

8) fully agree :!:
:wink: CAVEAT EMPTOR :roll:

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Looking at various forecasts I thought that this trip might have been cancelled a bit early,I decided on a trip out in my own boat instead,On arriving at Ballycotton this morning the wind was blowing 4 to 5 East-North East and the swell was at least 2 metres and possibly a bit more,To be honest wreck fishing would have been impossible and any other type of boat angling unpleasant so the right call was made,The weather has made this summer an almost total write off .