Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 pm
there only 5 inches long i was talking to someone who was out on this boat there 2-3 weeks ago he said they tryed every colour shad he said the orange ones worked the best or anything with some orange on them............
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 pm
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am
id be intersted in it if a seat comes up just give me a shout. cheers
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 pm
can we squeeze in 1 more jw ??
Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 pm
peter97 wrote:thanks tony bud,btw what size shad do i need or just a few different 1s?
Get some 5 inch shads. Go for some bright and some blue / green (Mackerel) types.
Try a pack or two of smaller one's just in case the fish are not taking the bigger ones or if you can't get out to the further wrecks.
30lb Flurocarbon is plenty for shading. Buy 15inch Mustad wire Booms.
Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:47 pm
thanks for all the help and suggestions guys,very much appriciated
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:03 am
was talking to the skipper colin barnes and the forecast looks like a strong southerly breeze
and a lumpy swell out there so most probably looks like this trip will have to be rescheduled.
If the forecast suddenly changes and the day looks fishable he will get back to us, but this
does not look likely.
the only positive thing i can think of is nobody else is taking the fish off those wrecks either
so will keep an eye on the ten day forecast and make a new booking if there's a sign of it settling...
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am
Just had a little look this morning myself. Looks like the whole week and most if the weekend is a right off.
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:08 am
Thats fine john No worries just put me down for the next booking
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 am
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 am
ok martyn, first dibs on the rescheduled trip to those who have posted here
when i lived in SA i owned a landrover for 5 days, bloody thing went on fire
and nearly burned the house down where i lived, japanese all the way for me after that
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am
if it needs to be rescheduled put my name down again. Looks like a weekend in Cork anyway,...
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:32 am
If a seat comes free on the re-scheduled date I'd be interested.
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 pm
Can you please put my name down for the next trip.
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 pm
isn't it too early to cancel trip due to the weather on more than 72 hours before trip?
I'm watching weather in unionhall and it was looking terrible all right. But forecast started inproving a little bit since yesterday night. So I guess we should wait till Wednesday at least before cancelling.
Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm
yeah maybe wait a little bit,tho i am sure the skipper knows what hes doing,mark me down for the reschulded trip as well
Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:37 pm
Not too early for a 30 mile out trip Tommy, I'm sure JW is only trying to let guys know early as it's the BH weekend. I think even if it calms a little, the sea will have a huge lump on it after the very strong winds. Thursday looks like a maybe day for the area, but even then it would be iffy. I'm sure if it gets better quickly, the place will still be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Colin has had to cancel a weeks worth of bookings
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm
just to clarify what i posted above, the weather looks in a very unsettled pattern but if it
changes and settles enough to make it possible to fish we will still go.
i will recheck with colin 48 hours before the date
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:48 pm
if it is cancelled put me down for the next trip
Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm
Just checked two of the weather sites id trust most,one gives 24 knots southerly at 10 Am,the other predicts 30 Mph so It looks like JW is just giving people notice that the trip is more than likely not going to happen, which is unfortunate, but the weathers been manky for over a month now.Id still be interested in a rescheduled trip if the weather improves.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.