Help!

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:31 am

I live in the east cork region and have just started bait fishing so fr just one pollack my biggest passion is bass so if anyone is heading out maybe at the weekend and wouldn't mind me tagging along i would be very grateful ??? Thanks.

Re: Help!

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi Basslover,

if you are free this coming weekend get yourself to Youghal where there is a large comp taking place. Leave the rod at home and just walk the length of the beach, watch, listen and if there's a chance, speak to the guys fishing. Most will be happy to chat and you'll learn lots by asking some questions. Ask about bait, rigs and where to fish and when.

You'll have some great info to put into use for your future trips. Don't worry about what rod or reel is being used they don't make fish eat your bait.

Most of all enjoy!!

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorrk kstaff it was the sunday after this comp that i asked if anyone was going fishing so only just missed out good day was it????

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm

I think kstaff is talking about this weekend coming (29th Nov), the Munster open is on in Youghal on Saturday. Think you were referring to the SAI comp there last Saturday - not sure what you would have learned there from us :lol:

Anyway, in answer to your original question, I'd have no problem you tagging along next time I am going out. Always good to meet new faces, we were hoping to meet a few of the other Cork lads anyway, but only managed rockhunter so far, and there has been talk of a Cork meet for all the guys on the site from Cork to meet up and have a fish - just no one has arranged it yet. I doubt I'll be out this weekend, but some evening during next week I'll be out for sure. PM me your number and we'll give you a call when we are heading out.