meet

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi folks sorry for hasstle found it on line and its not were i thought it was.
Is it easier to come in from ballymena or along coast road from larn. Also pics online show a few spots that to me anyway look like they fish so someone who has fished it before give me a spot to park and were to fish please

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi Pooks,
Yes,you can get to Cushendun by Ballymena or by the coast road.Ballymena may be slightly quicker as a lot of it is motorway,but not much difference really.As for parking,when you go through the village the road swings sharply right then back left again like a small S bend,and when the road straightens up again there is a car park on the left.You can either park here or go on a couple of hundred yards where on your right you will see a couple of buildings down a lane.You can park beside these and the beach is about twenty yards in front of you.But don't worry we will be able to spot you on the beach no matter where you are.see ya there.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:08 pm

ok mate you any idea time you all may get there i know hard with work and all. also any were on the beach better than any other. also local tackle shop said it fished good last night iam hopeing it holds. see ya there mate. what route do you take and how long is the trip

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Hi Pooks,
Hopefully we can get there for about 7.00pm.Don't know if any particular part of the beach is better than any other.I'll probably head up past Ballymena,out the Cushendal road and through Martinstown and Cargan and down the hill, by-passing Cushendal.From Belfast should take about an hour.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:41 am

Ronald, when are ya digging, Might get the chance to go down and help :D :D
Ohkay, now how are we doing Transport??
btw, I may be dead by Friday if this cold gets any worse.
If I cant get worms I'll be bringing Crab, Mackeral, Squid and Sandeel... Anyone know where you can get tubs of Mussells??

WORMS

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:38 am

Hoping to dig around 12.00 on fri at ballyholme at the yacht club end .not the best place in the world but the handiest to get to,might be bit later have a few things to do in the morn .

meet

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:11 pm

I make tide about 6is so i will be fishing a few before and a few after so will be looking forward to your tips when you arrive( y does that sound wrong) i like most people are holding to transport and my lift wants to get there early and stay late. so will be around for a good bit when you arrive. Thank you for directions, i will still get lost my lift is from portugal so he dont know antrim coast line so well( he got perfect english been her for 10 years)
i am hopping for some fish or mate will be right in saying" ex fluff chuckers make the worst sea anglers"
see you all tomorrow night. k2 took advice on line on spool and it seems to work cheers.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Pooks... I hate to say I told you so, But what the hell, I told you so!!!

Shocky, what time are you phoning at tomorrow?? Where do you want to get me from, and at what time??

I'm going for a beer. laters.