Sun May 18, 2008 2:08 pm

no worries.. there will be another one later in the summer :wink:

Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 pm

The Huntsman it is so. Lookin' forward to it. :lol: :lol:

What's the story with grub? I saw some references to a BBQ :lol:
Is this still on the cards? If so, I suppose a few pounds of sausages, burgers, etc. wouldn't go astray :wink:
I'll try not to get 'em mixed up with the bait :roll:

Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm

mga1761 wrote:The Huntsman it is so. Lookin' forward to it. :lol: :lol:

jasus lad.. were only meeting up there, mind you i'm not drivin so i'd be on for an early session :lol:

mga1761 wrote:What's the story with grub? I saw some references to a BBQ :lol:
Is this still on the cards? If so, I suppose a few pounds of sausages, burgers, etc. wouldn't go astray :wink:
I'll try not to get 'em mixed up with the bait :roll:

i woldnt bring that many, there not that good for catchin fish :shock: :shock:

a few sausages, burgers and buns, and a bit of chicken for me should do :wink:

for those that want, i think tents and a few cans for a session on the beach after (bit safer) :lol: :lol:

Sun May 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Im easy, i supplied grub and barbies for the last one, is it your turn steve to dig deep? :lol:

Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm

i woldnt bring that many, there not that good for catchin fish

wha??? you mean we goin' to catch fish as well??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

for those that want, i think tents and a few cans for a session on the beach after (bit safer)

...and a session back in Galway for the drivers I assume :?: :?: :D

Mon May 19, 2008 6:02 pm

mga1761 wrote:
i woldnt bring that many, there not that good for catchin fish

wha??? you mean we goin' to catch fish as well??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

for those that want, i think tents and a few cans for a session on the beach after (bit safer)

...and a session back in Galway for the drivers I assume :?: :?: :D

tents are for the drivers who may want to have a 'few drinks' and sleep them off again :twisted:

Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 pm

no tents for me this time, im hardcore :twisted: :lol: not really :oops:

Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 pm

no tents for me either - i usually dont sleep a wink on that beach - and then keep making mistakes like burning sausages with tent pegs!

Mon May 19, 2008 10:15 pm

well my original plan was to fish from 3pm - 10pm, and back to Galway for a session. :wink:

Mon May 19, 2008 11:21 pm

sounds like fun, so if its back to Galway for a pint or two,then i can forget about packing the tent, and as for the bbq we could just get bugers (meat or chicken) on the way back, save the arugments about who's burning what and complaints about snoring

so is it tent city or galway city?

Mon May 19, 2008 11:24 pm

well if its galway people will need to sort out accommodation to go on session..

Tue May 20, 2008 10:58 am

stevecrow74 wrote:well if its galway people will need to sort out accommodation to go on session..

I was going to stay in Galway that night.
But for anyone that's stuck for accommodation, let me throw out another option:

I've 2 spare double beds in my house. I'm about a 40-min drive outside Galway. Could always drop cars, gear, etc. off and organise a taxi in & out. I use a local lad that's got an 8-seater and usually does the return trip for about €20 a head (might be a few €'s dearer if the taxi isn't full), which is not bad at all and a lot cheaper than accommodation in Galway. :wink: I've had taxi's in and around Galway that cost me more :shock:

Downside: might need to shorten the fishing session a little to allow for extra travel time (to ensure we leave enough time for quenching the thirst :lol: ).

Will need to know in advance though to book taxi...

Wed May 21, 2008 6:58 pm

ill more likely meet ye at killary lads, i havent been out in ages and i reckon ill be leaving early around 9 or 10 to make it home for 1 or so... any need an early lift give me a shout, im headin from the south east...

Wed May 21, 2008 7:03 pm

i'll be there lads, but looks like the pints are out, need to get back home

Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm

My chances of making the trip have increased happy days!

Thu May 22, 2008 11:11 am

i would definitely be of the fish till 10 and then back to galway for a few thirst quenching pints mindset.

i have a place to stay in town martin, thanks for the offer anyway.

if the above doesnt happen ill probably fish on until about 12/1am and then head home

whats the weather forecast like - is a bbq an option on the day?

accuweather says cloudy with bright spells and sunny periods - temps in the mid to high teens

the old NE mightent be the best though :lol:

Thu May 22, 2008 7:18 pm

is there anyone travelling from dublin for this one and willing to give me a lift down on saturday to galway?

engaging with the public transport regieme at best i will be out there at kilary for 16.00... :?

Thu May 22, 2008 8:25 pm

corbyeire wrote:the old NE mightent be the best though :lol:

we had easterly there today blowing out of the bay, still fish caught :wink:

Thu May 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Mr_Green wrote:Im easy, i supplied grub and barbies for the last one, is it your turn steve to dig deep? :lol:

Mr Green last time you said you would have liked a certain brand of sauceages down, do you wish me to bring a lb or 2 with me

Thu May 22, 2008 8:30 pm

mga1761 is bringing BBQ with him and a few bits so i'll bring coffee stuff again,

bring a cup if you want coffee :wink: