dundrum/south dublin

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:40 pm

as im back working in the capital for the foreseeable future was wondering are there any anglers in the area interested in meeting for a session or two

particularly with the evening sessions becoming a possibility spinning etc.

have no wheels at the moment - would pay for fuel

pm or post here cheers

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:03 pm

I Occassionally do some SWFF in Bullock harbour.
Evening time is best, most people don't take too kindly to you throwing a hook around.

If you wanna meet up give me a shout.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 pm

thanks for that :)

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 am

I fish around dalkey killiney area a bit live in monkstown might get out some time got college exams coming up but after them im free till the end of may. Eric is in the killiney area also. South co dublin area :D

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 am

yep no bother corby,im transportless, could meet up for a few spinning sessions.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 am

Hi there, Im in churchtown. dont get chance to fish much at moment but am due a trip or two! Will give you a shout. would go plugging south wicklow the odd evening and further afield if i was going on a day trip. Nick

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:25 pm

thanks for the replies

churchtown is only up the road from me alright nick - have a spining rod need to get some lures up here

i was looking at that 75 bus from dundrum to dun laoighre aswell - at least it would get me to the coast - then on down to dalkey/killiney

probably one bus every 2hours though!

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 pm

If we drop down to wicklow/wexford for a session i'll try to remember to pm you...

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:52 pm

good man :)

Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:19 pm

ill give you a shout when the weather heats up a little its not great fishing around these parts at the moment.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm

My rods are in Donegal at the moment.
I will get them in a week or two.
I think anywhere that's suitable for spinning would be same for SWFF.
I have fished greystones ( 3 small pollack).
Bullock Harbour (20 - 30 small pollack).
Mallahide (Nothing)
Bray (Nothing).

But if anyone has a suggestion, I would be very interested in meeting up with like minded people for a chuck. Got a couple of fly rods if anyone would like to try it out.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Anthony I spent a while swffing in sorrento last summer, that place is heaving with pollack mackeral and wrasse in the summer its a better place to swff than the cliffs at bullock. Get the dart to dalkey or killiney good stretch of coast to fish there.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi,

I live on the west side of Dublin myself but would have a few trips down to Killiney/Bray/Wicklow.

I have wheels so thats no problem, I've had a trip or 2 out with eric and some of his pals - good lad eric is and very helpful.

Probably gonna get out this weekend at some stage (havent checked tides/weather yet though), greystones or close if ya fancy it.

Drop me a pm with your number.

All the best

Mark

Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Hey lads, I'm based in templeogue. I haven't done any fishing since last year, but am def looking to get a few trips in over the coming weeks and months - especially with the evenings getting longer.

I'm around most weekends and I have transport, so thats not a problem.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, but please keep me posted (pm) on any gatherings. John.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 pm

my self and boycie are out at least once a week and you guys are more than welcome to pop along,,,

Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks for that jack. Gonna check it out in a few weeks.

I'm around Dublin this weekend, but I don't have my rods with me.
I don't really have any interest in bait fishing.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:56 pm

No probs. :)

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:37 am

anyone interested in spinning locally this evening on the late tide?

This evening

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 am

I was thinking out heading out this evening.

This evening

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Anyone have any good suggestions where to go spinning this evening?