boat trip clare tuesday 12/2/2008

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 am

I know midweek doesn't suit most people, but the weather off the west coast is not suitable for fishing most of the winter. now a butterfly has flapped his wings in new zealand and the blocking anticyclone has moved north so it looks the swell will calm enough to get out for tuesday, 12/2/2008

target species pollack coalfish cod haddock etc. Loads of room on the boat, clare dragoon.

http://www.fishandstay.com/boat/

please post here or ring if the date suits you

john

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Hey John,

I'm about 80% on this one. Will check with the department of internal affairs this evening and give you a call tomorrow.

Kev

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 pm

at wat time on tue u be setting sail and how uch it cost?

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm

hi wayne,

i'm guess we would head out about 8:30 or 9:00am for the full day. The boat is 480
for the day, so if we could split between say 5 lads it would be under 100 each

john

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:06 am

Would love to go John - I'll have to check out the lie of the land homewise/workwise so I'll let you know tomorrow....

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:38 am

jus wondering if u had many takers. sounds like it shud b a great day, bit straped 4 cash at mo.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:08 pm

wayne,

had a few tentative bites :-)
i'd say we might get four of five to split the cost

john

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi John,

Sent you a reply to your pm. Count me in.

Now, where do I get bait????

bait

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:19 pm

ive spoken to the skipper and he says if the forecast is correct we will
be able to get to the best reefs and marks out to the west and north of loop head. During the summer you would be guaranteed to fill boxes with fish but as nobody usually gets out there in February we cannot be certain what we will catch or the best rigs, baits etc.

Steve, the skipper can supply frozen mackerel and squid for us. I don't know the tackle shops in galway, somebody might advise? there's a tackle shop in kilkee with frozen bait only.

so far we have
jw slowarm .. definate
Mac unless he gets the 1000 yard stare from herself
petekd might be tempted
wayne, lee ... maybe

the boat if leaving from carrigaholt pier 9:00am till 5:00pm

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:11 am

Sorry John,
Meant to get back to you yesterday. I'll have to give it a skip - too much work to do and already off Thursday and Friday. Trying desperately to get stuff finished, but unless there is a miracle.....(minor miracle in that my beloved didn't even complain when I mentioned it :shock: )
Have fun.....

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:19 am

Hey Guys,

We have 4 people for this one now... Myself, Ally, JW & Slowarm.

We are looking for a couple more guys, so if your interested please let me know. JW is offline at the moment.

Kevin