Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:36 pm

hi every1 i`m from swords north dudlin, jus wonderin if ders any fishing clubs near me dat i could join, not long at sea fishing and wud love 2 learn more, wen r u`s doin dis comp and were. wudnt mind taggin along 2 learn and hopfully catch my 1st cod. fingers crossed

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 pm

wayne riley wrote:hi every1 i`m from swords north dudlin, jus wonderin if ders any fishing clubs near me dat i could join, not long at sea fishing and wud love 2 learn more, wen r u`s doin dis comp and were. wudnt mind taggin along 2 learn and hopfully catch my 1st cod. fingers crossed

seems to be Ennereilly on the 20th Jan..

there seems to be a few lads going to this so you'll be sure to pick up a few tips, and i'm sure a few will put you on to a club or two..

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Just a qucik one lads, what time is it on on Sunday? and is it €5 a man biggest cod, I may be horribly hungover but I'll do my best to make it

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 pm

[quote="paulocallaghan"]so ennareilly, sun 20 Jan 2008 @2pm

whos in???

so far i make it 23:

me, boycie, mc, steve, croppy, hush1, brianbru, seaniebo, dbrock, keith, love to fish, kk, petewex, rodger, keitzer, ginoceltic, doc, wolfman, jd, fishaholic, mickeyfish, wayne reilly, alby

Iv only fished the place the once so i hope i have the car park location correctly positioned.

do people want to have it as a pegged event to make it fair or will it be a rambler???

do people want score cards or is it to be an honour based system.

alby, we had said earlier that due to insurance implications making it a money event may complicate things..... im not sure about the specifics so its safer to do without.

however there is nothing to stop a group of lads deciding to do a pool off their own back :wink: :wink: id be up for a wager on longest fish, strictly a few quid among friends :wink:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 pm

pic didnt attach, try again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:00 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:do people want to have it as a pegged event to make it fair or will it be a rambler???

no point pegging it out as people will be arriving at different times

presume we will all be fishing the same area

paulocallaghan wrote:do people want score cards or is it to be an honour based system.

honour based system.. news travels faster than a scorecard on a beach
(just make sure someone else see's it being measured to verify :wink:

so what time are we meeting up.. and where(for those that dont know the area)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:05 pm

what does MEET HERE usually mean steve.... guess the absinth is having an effect after all.

il hope to be there from about 1.30 ish i make that to be low water.

anyone stuck for some bait pm me and il c if i can organise something for you.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:08 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:what does MEET HERE usually mean steve.... guess the absinth is having an effect after all.

i was too busy replying when you put that up :wink:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:50 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:
however there is nothing to stop a group of lads deciding to do a pool off their own back :wink: :wink: id be up for a wager on longest fish, strictly a few quid among friends :wink:

Nice one Paul, Right lads, i'll sort out the private members draw for longest Cod :wink: ,

Or the Dennis Brock retirement fund as it will no doubt turn out :D

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:44 pm

alby wrote:
paulocallaghan wrote:

Nice one Paul, Right lads, i'll sort out the private members draw for longest Cod :wink: ,

Or the Dennis Brock retirement fund as it will no doubt turn out :D
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
im wishing alby as last time we fished here
1 you bet me
2 marco had a bigger codling than me to :cry:
think ill be keeping a close eye on you :wink:
ps alby got any crab for me :?: :?: :?:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:55 pm

so we fishing the car park /down the yellow and black barrier cut/ beach? or the soggy feild /river stretch or over the dunes? i think the first would be best re/parking ect considering the amount of lads :idea:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 pm

dbrock wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
im wishing alby as last time we fished here
1 you bet me
2 marco had a bigger codling than me to :cry:
think ill be keeping a close eye on you :wink:
ps alby got any crab for me :?: :?: :?:

My forte is 21cm flounder!!!

Sorry Dennis I'm running low on the oul Crab, beleive it or not I only have 8 dozen fresh left, thats not even 100 crab :cry: but ye wouldn't like them anyway

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 pm

Lads I can't make it I have to work :( :(

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:04 pm

and then there were 22.

not to worry keith, next time maybe :wink:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:18 pm

Paul,

What insurance issues stop a few guys making a side bet pool of 5 euro ? its just a private wager between fishing buddies :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 pm

i dont know much about the insurance issue but if you get people to pay in to a "competition" (this isnt a comp by the way" surely your creating issues about having to have insurance. otherwise why bother having IFSA insurance and all that.

thats also why i have said that if a group of anglers that just happen to be fishing on the same beach decide that they wanna have a friendly wager then i cant stop them, il b one of the first to opt in to a pool with a few of my buddies :wink:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:30 pm

i dont know much about the insurance side of things tom, but surely if you are having an entry fee you are creating some sort of a comp... then you would have to have insurance of some description, otherwise why bother having IFSA insurance and why bother make everyone in an open provide proof they are insured (IFSA card)

however if a group of friends meet on a beach for a friendly session and a few of them decide to have a completely optional pool, who am i to try and stop them????

il b one of the first to pay into a longest cod pool :wink:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

[quote="MC"]are we fishing this as it was a comp with comp rules, or can we increase our chances of catching cod(if they show up) by using two rods and more than 3 hooks

Lads as its a pleasure day i take it there are no objections to using 2 rods

if anybody is stuck for a lift im heading out from the ballyfermot area on to M50,N11

regards

mickeyfish

that would have meant a lift for you eric :lol: :lol:

Lads poor boycie is getting a lot of stick :lol:

I think a poll should be done to see how many think that he's going to blank

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm

i like my new reputation, not known for his angling skills eric has now become , ''the lift scrounger'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i do it with style

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 pm

mickeyfish wrote:Lads as its a pleasure day i take it there are no objections to using 2 rods

none whatsoever.. i'll be doing the exact same :lol: :lol: